Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newly purchased 997 + PSE question

mark pearce said:
Due to drive by noise regulations PSE default to the quiet mode between 25 and 40 MPH, hence your query

You can turn this function off and put the exhaust into a permanent loud mode

Open the rear lid,
kneel down on the drivers side of the car,
look into the engine above the air filter box and you will see the smetallic coloured induction pipes,
infront of them theres a black box mounted on a steel bracket with a y shaped pipe coming away from it
above the pipe there a a small black plug with a brown top, unplug the top plug and use a cable tie to secure

Hey presto
permanent loud mode
which sounds louder than normal inmho

anyway to make it so the switch can still turn on and off the exhaust? but remove the limit between 25 and 40 MPH?

xps, the hack that we do :saw: won't leave it switchable on the dash. On all the time I'm afraid which is the way I like it :clap: :yahoo:

CAREFUL! The relay mod is for the 996 only!

Only way of modding 997 (easily) is to remove the connector - so permanently loud (better).

sorry just to confirm, is there no way of doing it so the switch still works on a 997?

I have just taken delivery of a 2010 Carrera S with PSE.
It has the normal Sport and Sport plus buttons and also a separate button for the PSE.
I was wondering if this is a upgrade to allow the PSE to be on without pushing the Sport button
Is this the same in the 2009 model

The car did not have any of the manuals with it and I am still waiting for them to arrive from the dealer.

There's a thread on this on the PCGB forum.

...to summarise, the 997.2 still has the unplug option (not sure if it's brown still) and that's about it.

Thanks could you post the link to the thread

The plug is now black and appears to have only one vac pipe

done the mod on my GT3, some boom at sub 3k rpm, apart from that though, superb. GT3 noise used to cut in at 3k rpm. Switch on GT3 is for a "sport" mode and does exhaust, looser TC setting and a torque boost, the latter two functions are still enabled by the switch but the exhaust is wide open all the time.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back