Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fifth Gear Cayman PDK via Manual

theogeor

Albert Park
Has anybody watched it ??? The manual is faster than the PDK so I assume the same will apply to the 997 GEN2.......??
So far we know that the trip is slower than the manual and the PDK is slower than the manual.....

Theo

ps: Always loved manual cars!!!!!!
:D

From the clips I saw it looked like Plato was really struggling to get the hang of the buttons so don't think it was fair comparison. Besides unless you racing the car who cares if you 0.1 second faster/slower :dont know:

And why does Porsche insist on using those buttons instead of paddles :roll:

apw2007 said:
From the clips I saw it looked like Plato was really struggling to get the hang of the buttons so don't think it was fair comparison. Besides unless you racing the car who cares if you 0.1 second faster/slower :dont know:

And why does Porsche insist on using those buttons instead of paddles :roll:

Well that is the point.. If Plato is having a problem with the PDK and adjusting to it then no further comments. I have a great respect for him as a racing driver so I do not think he was biased but just honest.

BUT he kept on pushing the wrong button .. give the car to him for a week and I bet it would be a different story

apw2007 said:
BUT he kept on pushing the wrong button .. give the car to him for a week and I bet it would be a different story

That's the point with all the journalists, they test so many cars that they get into 'default mode' where anything different is wrong.

If it was your only car or the only car with a gear changing system on the wheel that you owned it would become second nature very quickly.

2min rewire/software update and bobs your uncle

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back