Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

porsche cayenne pcm and parking sensor faults

tigerd

I recently purchased an 05 cayenne s. Great car, however since purchasing it i have been dogged with some minor problems with the pcm and reverse sensors.

The PCM sometimes (more often than not lately) displays an error message and the radio, cd sat nav and phone do not work.

Likewise the reverse parking sensor very often stops working, however it does also work on occasions

I havent had a chance to take it to Porsche, however i did take take it to an auto electrician, who put the car onto the diagonstic and it came up with no faults found, even though the reverse sensors were not working.

He wasnt sure what was wrong and didnt want to start "taking things apart"

Has anyone had similiar probs and what was the fault?

thanks

Im having the reverse park sensor too! and its really annoying me.....just found out that the rear strip light on the back of the window has gone. Hope thats the fault, after I replace it!

Aint a happy man with the Cayanne experience!:(

Cayenne PCM sensor faults

Have a late 2005 Cayenne S with PCM; had no faults to date untill the rear PCM has failed; Both red lights show on the meter when reverse gear is selected, even when there nothing close to the car; not taken this to a garage yet; any one any ideas? :?:

cayenne reverse sensor

Also have reverse sensor problem on an 05 cayenne. intermittent but mostly not working. Just get the two red lights either side. All connections seem fine. No faults showing. Anybody get to the bottom of it? Here's hoping so........

I would have thought it was just one of your sensors failing. They don't seem to last long on any brand, I've had failures on Audi, Mercedes and Porsche. The problem is you have to have them sprayed in the body colour otherwise it would be a five minute fix and about £15 for the part.

Re: Cayenne PCM sensor faults

jaydeedale said:
Have a late 2005 Cayenne S with PCM; had no faults to date untill the rear PCM has failed; Both red lights show on the meter when reverse gear is selected, even when there nothing close to the car; not taken this to a garage yet; any one any ideas? :?:
I had the smae fault with the reverse sensors - took it into the Porsche garage and they found 2 permanent faulty sensors and 1 intermittent; they changed all 3 and now it works fine

I've got a different fault with my 2004 Cayenne PCM. Randomly the display goes reverse colour, so background white instead of black and the writing dark. Sometimes it then just goes back to normal. Sometimes I can get it back to normal by pressing buttons or even tapping screen!

Porsche say whole unit probably needs replacing - big cost. Sounds to me as though something maybe loose or at worst just replace teh screen

Anyone seen the same? Thanks

healdaj
thanks for the reply/post

just out of interest, how much did this cost & how recently was this?

jaydeedale said:
healdaj

it was about a couple of months ago and from memory about £60 a sensor for the parts plus fitting which if you go to a Porsche dealer about doubles it!

healdaj said:
jaydeedale said:
healdaj

it was about a couple of months ago and from memory about £60 a sensor for the parts plus fitting which if you go to a Porsche dealer about doubles it!

Thanks..

Think the gremlins maybe moving in; the CD player(Integrated with satnav) is now not reading discs, though it will play the CD cleaner????????????

May be the conspiracy theorists but had the last service done other than at Porsche and not yet had the service indicator reset...... :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back