Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Courtesy car

Lasitha

Hi All,

My 6tt is going into West London OPC for a service and they offered me a courtesy car. They did however say that I have to arrange my own Insurance for this.

I've never heard of this before, is this the norm for an OPC?

Cheers,

Yup, had to do the same when they gave me a limp Boxster as loan car, just remember to get them to sign and date the hand in sheet when giving the car back. I forgot this and couldn't claim back my congestion charging because of it :frustrated:

I thought they covered the Insurance. Mid Sussex OPC do

Dave said:

I agree. I'm sure I was also insured on the dealers policy. :dont know:

Stuart said:
ResB said:
Dave said:

I agree. I'm sure I was also insured on the dealers policy. :dont know:

Chiswick def don't or didn't, maybe if you ask they will now?

I had to sign a form saying I would pay their excess now I think of it. :)

Everytime I have used a courtesy car from an indy they have asked me to arrange cover. Just ring your current insurer and tell them that your car is going in for a service and you need cover, and if you are lucky your policy may cover the courtesy car without any additional payment.

Mid-Sussex re-introdcued free cover from October 1 last year - for the prior 12 months they had been charging £25.

Dave said:

Quite so, Dave. We had a '09 Cayman S with 480 miles on the clock, as the Mid-Sussex courtesy 911s were all in use. My 9 points caused a little concern, but they accepted me on their policy anyway.

As a side-issue, it was a relief to get back into the 911, can't say I thought much of the Cayman :nooo:

I had a gen2 997 C2 PDK from mid sussex - very impressive. Noticeably more get up and go than my 3.4 C4 and the PDK was a revelation.

I had to sign something but no money changed hands IIRC.

My NU policy gives 7 days cover for courtesy car included, after that had to ring and got charged £25 for 3 weeks further cover.

For OPC East London, you can either arrange your own cover for the car or they would charge £15 or so for the privilege...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back