Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 997 PDK problems?

Have they killed it?!?!

Thought I would close this thread down.

My Porsche is gone. At the end of the day I have a clause in my lease contract which allows termination of the contract if the car is in the garage for the same fault more than twice and I have invoked that clause.

Porsche finally told me that they could find nothing wrong with the car other than the gear change "is a little slow". The fact that they could not find a problem is almost more annoying than them finding the problem.

So finally I have lost faith both in the car and the (lack of) customer service.

To be fair our company has over 50 Porsches on its vehicle fleet and I am the only one to have experienced these problems so maybe i am just unlucky.

Porsche also offered me a replacement car but to be honest the magic has gone a little bit and I have decided to take a break.

Here is my potential shopping list for a replacement:

1. Audi S4
2. Audi TTRS
3. M3

I would have the Nissan GT-R on that list but the delivery times are too long

... and those are supposed to be equivalent to a 997 with PDK??? :?:

cap_scarlet said:
To be fair our company has over 50 Porsches on its vehicle fleet and I am the only one to have experienced these problems so maybe i am just unlucky.

Exactly! Just unlucky - get another one with PDK and sport chrono. You won't regret it.

cap_scarlet said:

1. Audi S4 - No
2. Audi TTRS - wrong
3. M3 - oh, come on!

OK, so my opinion on your shopping list is very tongue in cheek and if you like any of those then go for it but if you have the chance, give the PDK one more go.... :worship:

cap_scarlet said:
Thought I would close this thread down.

My Porsche is gone. At the end of the day I have a clause in my lease contract which allows termination of the contract if the car is in the garage for the same fault more than twice and I have invoked that clause.

Porsche finally told me that they could find nothing wrong with the car other than the gear change "is a little slow". The fact that they could not find a problem is almost more annoying than them finding the problem.

So finally I have lost faith both in the car and the (lack of) customer service.

Porsche also offered me a replacement car but to be honest the magic has gone a little bit and I have decided to take a break.

1. Audi S4
2. Audi TTRS
3. M3

I would have the Nissan GT-R on that list but the delivery times are too long
Id knock the m3 off your list, I was looking at them and the paint work is a digrace, Ive seen smoother finishes on an artexed ceiling.
The TTRS looks interesting.
The S4 just looks bland as does every Audi bar the RS models and the R8.
The RS5 could be a belter. I have my name down and if my Porsche plans dont pan out I will go for one.
Good luck with whatever you choose.

cap_scarlet said:
1. Audi S4
2. Audi TTRS
3. M3

This may sound rather obvious, but why not go for a manual 997? All the cars you mention do "autos" as such but I dont recall the press being particularly complimentary about the BMW SMG or Audi "Rtronic" (or whatever they are called!)

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back