Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Europipe is on!

ellistai

Spa-Francorchamps
Got the work done! FYI, my 997 is a MY05 C2S!

Before with Stock Exhaust:
IMG_3909.jpg

Europipe on the ground:
IMG_3911.jpg

After with Europipe Exhaust:
IMG_3913.jpg

Before-and-after Dyno Runs (Red is Before, Blue is After):
IMG_3915.jpg

Any comments or thoughts, please share!

Good pictures and looks great. Shame you can't see it most of the time but if it improves performance, that's cool.

I guess you know that you can forget about any sort of OPC warranty from now on?

Looks like a stunningly well made exhaust system - does it feel a lot better. Does it rev quicker and sound better?

Are they sport cats too?

Could you post some vids at idle and drive by?

Cheers

Stuart said:
ellistai said:
Any comments or thoughts, please share!

I bet that was expensive!
To me, yes it's quite. You can check for the price from the maker's website. :roll:

goodethernet said:
I guess you know that you can forget about any sort of OPC warranty from now on?
Is that true? I thought it would cause a little difficulty in dealing with the OPC when wanting some claim, but didn't expect a total voilation of the warranty. In any case, my car is a MY05 and I haven't extended the warranty since it last expired.

Marcus Quigley said:
Looks like a stunningly well made exhaust system - does it feel a lot better. Does it rev quicker and sound better?

Are they sport cats too?

Could you post some vids at idle and drive by?

Cheers
Yes, it definitely sounds better. The maker of the exhaust said it sounds somewhat between 993 and 996 GT3. Didn't listen to those before but for sure it's much better than how the stock exhaust sounds.

Yes, sport cats they are....100 cells high flow cats. The stock's is 400 cells and brands like AWE has it with 200 cells. It is the increase in total surface area of the cells (the cats are big in size as you can see) to compensate the decrease in the number of the cells, and thus no CEL is given.

I have got video for the dyno run but the file size is huge. I am trying to figure out some way to downsize it for easy sharing. :wink:

ellistai said:
goodethernet said:
Is that true? I thought it would cause a little difficulty in dealing with the OPC when wanting some claim, but didn't expect a total voilation of the warranty. In any case, my car is a MY05 and I haven't extended the warranty since it last expired.

Yes I think it is true. Since you don't have a warranty it doesn't really matter but I don't think an OPC would give you a warranty on that car with that exhaust fitted if you suddenly decided you wanted one.

goodethernet said:
ellistai said:
goodethernet said:

Yes I think it is true. Since you don't have a warranty it doesn't really matter but I don't think an OPC would give you a warranty on that car with that exhaust fitted if you suddenly decided you wanted one.

In regard to the general question of non OP parts and warranty/renewals I actually think its comments like these that are causing the scare..take it to the OPC have the 111 point check and let them decide if they will offer you a renewel of warranty or not, dont fly the flag and point out out said items.

Each OPC has his own rules it could be that the 1,500 cash they get for your renewel on a car they know well is free cash to them.

If they do renew your warranty with the after market exhaust, wheels, ipod , brake discs or similar and you do need to claim the OPC will have to proove it was one of the said parts that caused the failure..which id guess would be very rare.

Ian

Croydon said:
In regard to the general question of non OP parts and warranty/renewals I actually think its comments like these that are causing the scare..take it to the OPC have the 111 point check and let them decide if they will offer you a renewel of warranty or not, dont fly the flag and point out out said items.

Each OPC has his own rules it could be that the 1,500 cash they get for your renewel on a car they know well is free cash to them.

If they do renew your warranty with the after market exhaust, wheels, ipod , brake discs or similar and you do need to claim the OPC will have to proove it was one of the said parts that caused the failure..which id guess would be very rare.

Ian

Plenty of folks have done this and been refused a renewal for exactly these reasons, hence the commentary and founded opinion. It's not a scare.

Senoj said:
Plenty of folks have done this and been refused a renewal for exactly these reasons, hence the commentary and founded opinion. It's not a scare.

I completely agree. I was not permitted to renew my warranty due to Manthey exhaust and KW suspension. Porsche wouldn't enter into any discussion about it, just a flat 'no'...

Croydon said:

Ian

Actually, I don't think this is the case. They would merely point to the clause in the warranty that invalidates the whole thing in the event that non-standard parts are fitted to the car. They would not have to prove that there was any connection between the non-standard parts and any failure that triggered a claim. The simple act of fitting the parts invalidates the warranty, apparently.

I am not saying this is "right" and I'm bewlidered by the logic that says fitting of non-standard wheels means your warranty claim for a blown engine will not be honoured but this really seems to be the way it is. I can understand that Porsche would like to keep cars in their newtork and keep control over spares/repairs but it does seem a bit over the top.

Not to highjack the thread (been done already I think 8).......

After speaking to my OPC, and then to Porsche customer services directly, you CANNOT get a warranty if there are any non Porsche parts on the car. All I've got on mine (at the moment) is a Dension unit for bluetooth and iPod. The only way to get a warranty is to have all these parts removed. They did mention someone that had to have their nice shiny exhaust removed to get the warranty......

Very nice exhaust by the way. Have you had a remap to go with it, or are the performance changes just due to the exhaust? I thought that you usually had to have the two done to release the full performance gains.

d

Definitely get a decent remap, it has peaks and flatspots galore.

You might want to improve the breathing using something like a BMC F1 in the airbox, this with the exhaust/100 cell cats and a remap should see some good increases especially in the midrange.

If you have a warranty claim i.e. blown engine just make sure you get your old exhaust refitted - job done :)

Enjoy your exhaust and to hell with Porsche and their stupid warranty exclusions, let them throw their teddies out of the cot haha

I wonder if they get away with this in the States

On the warranty point, it really does seem that people have different experiences with OPCs regarding their renewal. I got mine renewed only a couple of months ago despite the fact that it has a parrot bluetooth proudly sitting by the steering wheel for all to see... Others have said that this is too much for their OPC and were refused cover. :dont know:

What is an interesting question is whether an OPC could refuse to honour the warranty in circumstances where they inspected the car with the offending item already installed, but failed to object to it/ refuse to sell the warranty. I can fully see how they could object where you had fitted the part after the inspection. But surely not where they knew full well (or ought to have done) that it was on the car?

Seems to make little sense to agree to warranty a car, but then refuse to honour it for a reason you knew about at the time. I strongly suspect that they wouldn't get away with it...

PS I have not actually read the terms of my warranty. Perhaps I should! :wack:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatandywhite
Back