Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 acceleration

thankstoferdinand

I am a new member to this site. I previously owned a 996 C2 and recently got a 997 C2S. I am very happy with the car but a little worried about one glitch. I understand that the throttle linkage is "fly by wire" I have noticed that when accelerating gently from constant speed especially between 3-4K rpm the rate of accleration does not seem to be proportionate to the pedal movement almost like a flat spot or hesitation even sometimes a more sudden acceleration then expected. Tjis is intermittent. The engine is running fine and I am sure is mechanically perfect. I have taken it back to Porsche and they say there is nothing wrong with it. I have had other people drive the car and they have also noticed this and commented on it so I am sure I am not imagining it. Does anyone have any ideas solutions or suggestions?

Thanks of you can help or throw some light on the matter.

How about taking it to a tuner with a rolling road, they can dyno it and map your flat spot. This will give an idea of where (if any) the problem lies... :thumb:

Thanks for this but I really don't think it is a flat spot as such i believe it may be a faulty electronic component or may be link between peddle and throttle.

I have experienced a similar problem on a 996. The engine seemed to have a flat spot just when the variocam should be making it go better.

Some days worse than others. In my case I changed the MAF sensor and the car was completely rejuvenated. It must have been slowly going out of tolerance so was not noticed until the csr became obviously slower.

I dont know any easy way of testing the correct operation across the rev range of the MAF sensor so exchange may be the only option.

solution ?

hey all -

newbie here -

I think I may have the same issue with my car.

Did anyone find a solution ?

thanks

Kevin

2006 997 Silver/Black

From my review of the torque curves you will find to my memory a slight dip in the 3-4000 rpm range. This is what say the Revo or DMS programme remaps put right.
Regards Big Bob :bye:

Hey Bob,

Mine tends to be in the 2000 - 2500 rpm range ... ( I think )

8)

I think I may well have the same thing. Around the 3 - 4000 rpm mark.

Looks like I may need that remap then :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back