Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil & Filter DIY

james35

Firstly I must apologise for just posting questions on the forum (I will try and contribute as much possible when I have the knowledge)

Anyway on to the subject...

I have bought oil and filter for my 997 carrera 2 and stupidly didn't look underneath to check what type of filter it was until it arrived in the post yesterday. So my question is can you get the housing off (without damaging it) without the proper tool?? Or is it best to purchase the proper tool? Any help will be greatly appreciated! :thumbs:

Many Thanks for all your help

James

Ch ch change the oil? I could get dirt under my nails though? Wife wuldnt like that :)
on a more serious not, get the proper tool. If you mangle it getting it open people will not be impressed when it comes to resale

Get a genuine filter from Porsche it will have a new O ring with it. To unscrew the oil filter housing I just use a Halfords strap type oil filter undoing thing. The sump plug is an allen/Hex key, again Halfords will help out. :wink:

The housing is made of plastic. It will be on tight but just be careful not to exert to much pressure to any one spot on the housing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back