Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

hi - after some help with a terminally ill boxster

That is great news. Still a bit of a bill to pay but a new engine with 2 years warranty for what - £2k? is a good result.

yeah, not sure how much it'll be, but a good result. And hope for others that it happens to perhaps.

chriszammett said:
Update:

Porsche are paying for 3/4 of a new engine with a 2 year warranty.

I'm curious as to why Porsche agreed to pay for 3/4?

apw2007 said:
I'm curious as to why Porsche agreed to pay for 3/4?

You'd have to ask Porsche! That's all my old man's told me. Car went to Porsche Reading, at first they said they didn't think it was the intermediate shaft and asked permission to take engine apart, did this and confirmed it was (after sending pictures to Germany apparently). Have offered to pay 3/4. Can't offer any more details really.

That raises a very interesting question as it would appear they have not admitted as to why they are being so generous to someone who doesn't have a warranty. Think Wattie should run a poll 8)

Question: Why do you 'think' Porsche paid for 3/4 of the cost of replacing the engine:

a) cause they were feeling generous?
b) cause they failed to pick up the fault before the engine failed?
c) cause they know there is a inherent fault but are not letting on?

I was going to pose the question "cause they didn't want to loose a customer" but since it was a used car purchased from outside the OPC network, I don't think it should be included

I think the moral of this story is not to assume(as some have) that when your factory warranty is over and/or you did not buy from the OPC channel that your stuffed!

That's a great result - the % contribution is about right(to cover prev usage/the cars age)

Well done!

The problem appears to be that there is no consistency in the way customers are treated by the various PGB/OPC's which generates bad feelings/publicity - they need to sort it out. From reading various threads people are being dissuaded from buying new and used Porsches.

...agreed but I once heard a 997 owner talking to an OPC service manager as if he was shi* on his shoe. In other words it's all about the approach when it comes to getting support/help. If you hack off the OPC guys and gals then your onto plums. :sad:

I'm taking my newly purchased 2003 Boxster back to OPC Hatfield for it's 72K serivce as it's only £70 more than an indy + I get a car from their fleet for the day!
Can't say better than that 8)
Glad to hear that you didn't have to meet the cost of a new engine as you should expect an engine to last until at least 60/70/80K. Once it's go that far then it should be good for the life of the car. Isn't that why Porsche seal their engines!
My worst nightmare is having to buy a new engine but I've bought the car on a budget to factor this in.
I'm going to give the OPC route a try.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back