Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Extended warranty - crazy?

jonathanwalters

Trainee
Called OPC Reading to see whether I could extend my warranty, expecting a no because I'd fitted a mObridge iPod adapter. Apparently they're fine with this since it wouldn't cause a mechanical failure so are willing to be practical :D

Then, just to be clear, tell them that when I bought the car, OPC Leicester fitted retrofit rear parking sensors. Not willing to provide the warranty since they're not genuine Porsche parts!! :eek:

The person I spoke to couldn't explain why the mObridge was ok and the parking sensors weren't. Suggested I speak to Customer Service.

Anyone found an OPC that will accept parking sensors and iPod?

Alternatively, a good third party warranty?

Cheers

Will OPC Leicester do the extended warranty for you? Since they fitted the Parking Sensors. The Porsche Extended Warranty is really the only way to go, having "read" the comments on this Forum about other Warrantys.
Give them a call.
Regards Big Bob :bye:

I'll give that a try tomorrow. Just trying to avoid the trek up north for the 111 pt check.

First post

Hi - my first post, but hopefully not a stupid question.

I didn't think you could get parking sensors retrofitted by an OPC?

Mine said they wouldn't do it when I bought the car ( at the end of Feb )

If you had it done at Leicester, can you PM me some details as I am really interested in having it done.

Cheers

Andy

Quite often, you might think an OPC retro-fitted something when actually they brought in a third party to do something on their behalf. Such as I am aware that Porsche Guildford use Ian Bannings for IPOD kits and other audio work. The OPC arrange and invoice for the work. Perhaps that was the case with the parking sensors? Now, that would seem to draw out a grey area but if Leicester put them on, they should honour warranty.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back