Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying Options

Hi Bmonty. If the events in this thread are an accurate representation of what's gone on then, for what it's worth, you have my full sympathy and support.

The key word now is tenacity. You just press on, regardless.

If the proprietor for this dealership thinks that his business won't be damaged by this because we're mostly from the south then think again; I live in south Wales and my car came from Aberdeen. As a businessman myself, I wouldn't want people dragging my organisation through the mud - even if they were in Peru!

As the proprietor, you've got the power to just flick a switch and sort this out. Just do the decent thing and take the hit. I have a feeling that you'll regret it if you don't.

Adrian.

Hi B monty be brave look for a no win no fee solicitor and go for it keep all documentation and every piece of info possible, and, be completely honest and you will get your day in court. I did the very same after a garage dropped one of my lorry gearboxes and denied responsibility after fitting a clutch. they said it had a poroblem prior to me taking it to them, this was so untrue and I used a no fee no win solicitor, we won our case which was fair and recouped all our costs, the part that was broken on my gearbox cost 180 pounds and through the sheer ignorance of the dealer he ened up paying over 25k in costs, see Norwich county court humprey verses rbt haulage 2006. I cannot prove this but I get the feeling judges are a little in the favour of the customers when it comes to wrong doings by the motor trade. My solicitor is also my friend and he was so incensed that he went for it, I dont think he would do it again though, because it gets very complicated, anyway good luck. Mike Brown

I would go straight to either Roger Penske (Chairman and CEO) in the US or the UK MD Laurence Vaughan. They are both on the main UK board of Group owing OPC.

I would be professional and explain the facts and damage being done by one of their subsidiary managers particularly in the current challenging environment.

I would ask them to take personal responsibility to get involved and resolve the matter promptly before it is escalated potentially through legal channels and causes further brand damage and financial loss to the group.

If the actions of a subsidiary manager are such that they are losing customers and goodwill then I would act very quickly to resolve the matter and it will also put pressure on the dealer involved to explain himself to his management.

Their addresses are publicly available but let me know if you need help.

Good advice from David M I think!

David M said:
If the actions of a subsidiary manager are such that they are losing customers and goodwill then I would act very quickly to resolve the matter and it will also put pressure on the dealer involved to explain himself to his management.

I was looking at buying a car in the next 15 months or so from either the OPC in your area. After reading about this it has certainly put me off buying from them if they are indeed run by the same group.

Just keep figthing them and make sure you get the result you want. There is no way you should be treated this way and I am feeling anger for you.

Hi MD,

I'm glad you read the forum. My work colleagues (not RBS, HBOS etc) are major purchases of the Porsche marque.

We already discuss this thread on a regular basis and I look forward to sharing our views on your handling of this issue.

Unless something dramatic happens, we will be boycotting your group and buying from another OPC.

Quite how an ex-hire car can meet the high standards (and premium) of an Approved User Porsche is, quite frankly, laughable.

Bmonty - that sounds like an outrageous response from what you would expect to be a customer focused seller of quality marques. I hope you get a positive result in the end.

Obviously none of us knows the complete story from both sides, but I for one, just to avoid the risk, will never buy a car now from that OPC or that Group and I have bought two 997s in the last year (one used and one brand new). Make a note, OPC.

It's really easy to lose customers and potential customers but not easy to get them back.

What about Watchdog? Or even......wait for it..........Rogue Traders? Would be funny to see those two guys tooling up to the OPC on their motorbike, having just hounded some cowboy builder for unnecessarily replacing a helpless pensioner's roof for 10k. :grin:

Gentleman, PLEASE be carefully in line with site rules on name & shame, specific content that could potential liable 911uk is not mentioned here or in any future threads.

Site Rules per Name & Shame section (lower down the page)
http://911uk.com/template.php?page=12

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back