Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED - Rear wiper arm for 1996 993

Dr993

Silverstone
Hi, just snapped my rear wiper arm (it was bent/ weak anyway) whilst changing the wiper blade..GRRRRrrr! Anyone got one they want to offload. Also any advice on fitting etc? PM me with details and price if you can help. Cheers, Bob.

Hi Bob, OPC price was around £107 inc. VAT around 18mths ago so unless you get one quite cheap here probably worth getting new as second hand is very likely to be 'on the way' as well.

Bob the only way is new as you do see themon ebay but they go for almost as much money as new,,BTW very easy to fit a couple of nuts and a bit of light prizing off of the old one,just cover glass area with towels first

Chris, when you say OPC you mean order from the main dealer network? Do the aftermarket outfits sell official Porsche products as well? Any specific recommendations? Cheers, Bob

Dr993 said:
Chris, when you say OPC you mean order from the main dealer network? Do the aftermarket outfits sell official Porsche products as well? Any specific recommendations? Cheers, Bob

Yes mate, try ringing a few OPCs in case some offer more discount...they all have flexibility, e.g. Exeter have done 15% without asking on an enquiry I made. Save a tenner and put it towards a nice drive! The indies are unlikely to do better IMO.

bought mine from Paragon - but any Porsche dealer will get this in for you very quickly - they are a basic repair item. 10% discount for PCGB members.

imho - a very good value part at only ~£110 or so.

Shame they only last ~10-12 years, but tbh compared to (for example) the exhaust / bumper area heat shields, which last far less time than that, they are an absolute bargain.

I'd echo clinchy's point - I'd never buy this part used unless i could see it in the flesh first. They only fail in one place and you can tell from several feet away if they are on the way out.

:)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back