Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is the 997 engine made from cheese?

an Inde suggested I checked up when I bought mine whether the RMS had been done more than once.
The reason he said is that for some reason some 997/996 s seem to need having them done more than once or several times for no explicable reason. And others once is enough.

Big Bob said:
I think Aeron they speak with forked tongue :wack:
I would suggest they did not do the job properly the first time.
If it happens again then you need help :cop: when you visit them :wack: .
Regards Big Bob :bye:

Thanks. I hope all the trouble is in the past.

List of items fixed under warranty
======================
Oil seal - engine out - twice
Both headlights replaced due to internal cracking along the bottom third (took many months for them to finally agree)
Petrol cap
Lots of squeaks and rattles

Not fixed
======
Battery died and RAC man said it was faulty after extensive testing - they say its not covered by their warranty
Wipers make a racket - they say its normal
Still rattles but given up

... But I still love it

Aaron, The battery :pc: is always a difficult one.
When you say the wipers make a racket is that because its "juddering" across the screen? Or the linkage makes noises? If its the latter that is not normal :x .
On the squeaks and rattles that is always a tricky one, because trying to track one down means removing bits and when you put them back you get other noises. So unless it drives you mad then forget it. If it does drive you mad :x make them sort it :wack: .
Ambient temperatures are so sensitive for squeaks and rattles, some cars make a differnt set of noises between winter and summer.
Anyway I'm glad it still provides pleasure :thumb: .
Regards Big Bob :bye:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForeheadMacca
Back