Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Extended Warranty beware exclusions

mrmoto88

Just had my 111 point check to renew my Approved warranty only to be told that it will now not be possible since my car has aftermarket parking sensors. Whilst OPC were happy to cover last year, new warranty doesn't do this and will not renew business they''ve been previously happy to take on. :frustrated:

''..all components must be Porsche approved and fitted by a Porsche Centre for us to accept responsibilty for any possible failures or repairs on that vehicle. It cannot be guaranteed that the fitment of non-approved products wont affect the function of the vehicle''.

The pity is that I bought my car from a non-OPC so have no recourse but to use Quentin Wilson's Warranty Wise which seems to come out at £800 to include failure from wear and tear items. The new warranty specificallly does not cover this.

Just be careful when buying your used dream motor that Porsche will cover it with warranty, if not then the cover will need to be bought elsewhere. :hand:

this is a growing problem

especially for small items

but decisions seem to vary garage to garage

^^^ what Sundeep said. I have heard others having sucess with renewing with aftermarket mods. Tell them if they won't warranty it then you won't be going back to them for service or try calling another OPC that wants your business.

I had the same conversation with Camtune yesterday. Basically I wasn't about to pay for a 111points check if it would fail for aftermarket suspension so ask they question and they confirmed, it's a big no... I know this is a much 'bigger' item but suspension isn't covered by the warranty either so what's the big deal?

mrmoto88 said:
...Warranty Wise which seems to come out at £800 to include failure from wear and tear items....

I'm surprised, as when I claimed for a replacement radiator against one I had with WarrantyWise on my old X-Type, they knocked off a wedge because they said that the new rad "Improved" my car.

Of course it did, it became driveable again :evil:

So don't believe everything Quentin tells you :wack:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back