Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

without rear wiper?

Skittle

Intentionally purchased my 997 C4S without rear wiper (love the lines), now 6 months later I'm still trying to flick the wiper stalk to clear the rear window!!??. Has anyone any experience of retro fitting ~ OPC or otherwise, not sure if it can it be done :?:

Not sure what rear window the delete option gives you, but the wiper does fit through the rear window.
If this is required, I'd of thought the costs would be prohibitive for the retrofit..

garyw

Noooo, don't do it. You don't need it IMO. You've spent too long driving hatchbacks I think. ;) Drive a bit faster (safely and at an appropriate time of course ;)), then you'll look in the rear view mirror less. :) Problem solved. :thumb:

I back out of my parking space, everyday, couldn't be without rear wipe to reverse safely in the rain.
I know its not a natural direction - but don't you ever go backwards in the rain?

Nurgbergring doesn't count :)

As a retro fit would think would be very expensive.

My soapbox topic - why oh why can Porsche not manage to get their engineering genius around the concept of providing a washer supply along with the essential (IMO) rear wiper? :?:

After all, they figured out how to do this with the front ones.... :frustrated:

Peter

northpole said:
My soapbox topic - why oh why can Porsche not manage to get their engineering genius around the concept of providing a washer supply along with the essential (IMO) rear wiper? :?:

After all, they figured out how to do this with the front ones.... :frustrated:

Peter

vw also figured it out over 20 years ago on the mk2 golf.

Ah, but the real genius is getting 20 years of punters to pay up to £275 to have it fitted.

Not even Ford or Peugeot got away with it that long, and even then it was much cheaper and ostensibly a deletion to allow yet another bargain basement "special" edition.

Idle curiosity, does the fastest and most expensive production 911 (997.2 GT2) have a wiper as standard?

I don't use mine! The last time I was going backwards in the rain I didn't have time to use it!

why are people so hung up on them when it comes to a 911 is it because it's an option?

You don't get them on the Mercedes Mclaren any of the Aston Martins or Ferraris or even the Bentley GTC's. A Ferrari would look laughable with one so why do people think there a must on Porches.

most people buy a sports car for the aesthetic as much as anything else why ruin the beautiful rear lines with a blemish.

+1 for rainex. I use it on all my windows and it works well.

Pete

Thanks for that guys, love the drive faster advice!!, its only when pottering around town, it's a pain, like a spot that constantly needs picking & yes definitely too much hatch back driving.

As for the 'rainex" product, is that the same as is applied to the side windows? Is it ok for the rear? Who? How? How much? Etc.

Thanks for all the help.

Skittle said:
Thanks for that guys, love the drive faster advice!!, its only when pottering around town, it's a pain, like a spot that constantly needs picking & yes definitely too much hatch back driving.

As for the 'rainex" product, is that the same as is applied to the side windows? Is it ok for the rear? Who? How? How much? Etc.

Thanks for all the help.

Skittle, you can buy rainex from Tesco's at £6 a bottle or Halfords at £6.95. After you have washed your windows and dried them you apply the liquid onto a cloth and quickly smear it onto the windscreen or any other external window. It dries instantly and causes all water to 'ball' up as it is hydrophobic. The water literally slides up and over the top of the car. I applied mine prior to the winter and it still works for me. I was so impressed that I also bought the washer additive but I have just put this in so haven't squirted the windscreen with it yet.

So try it out and I don't think you will be disappointed.

Pete

Tip of the day....

Use it on your shower enclosures glass also... ;)

ResB said:
Tip of the day....

Use it on your shower enclosures glass also... ;)

You haven't seen me naked :what: :eek: so why would any of my household :hand:

Pete

p.s. you won't ever see me naked promise, except of course showing my arse at the ring! There's another joke in there I'm sure :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back