Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Kid on the Block Service Advice

shifnalwolf

Hi to everyone. I have enjoyed reading posts on the forum so thought I would ask for some help.

I have a 2003 Boxster with full Porsche Dealer service history. I have owned the car for 18 months and have loved every minute. It is due to have a service next month and it's a major one. Should I stick with the dealer of try an independent? The car has done approx. 35000 miles. Would a car of this age acheive a higher resale value in the future if I maintain the Porsche history or would a reputable independent offer me the same? Can anyone recommend an independent if this is the way to go?

Many thanks in advance and I look forward to many more years of Porsche fun.

Generally stick with OPC. You haven't said whether its still on Porsche warranty or not?

All OPC stamps will please most buyers. They dont have to do all the work just routine items and then what you can do is have any rectification work done by an Indy, e.g. if you needed new rads or brakes doing.

I kept my 911 100% OPC until it was 10 when the Porsche warranty ran out, since then a highly regarded Indy.

Ask yourself, if you were buying what would you like to see? Doesnt mean the level of work is any good but does say you are not saving cash and prepared to pay what it takes.

Thanks for your response. It's not under warranty anymore. I think I have made my mind up to go for the OPC. Like you say, I brought the car because it has all the stamps so I guess it's good to keep up the history.

hangin tough, something will work out.

call it what you want, the right stuff always comes in the end.

if you go away, please dont leave it with anyone, there are some dirty dawgs around.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back