Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Autowerks (Slough): Our Wheel Refurbishment work

Harry, I will probably drop by one day this week to talk about the tints. Thanks.

993C2S said:
Harry, I will probably drop by one day this week to talk about the tints. Thanks.

no worries...just drop me a line so i know when you're coming. it's unlikely that i won't be there, but i do sometimes pop out to collect/deliver a car.

Hi Harry, thanks for info so far. It has got me seriously thinking! :)

Please can you let me know costs to paint my 18 inch Turbo look II alloys e.g.:
turbo2.jpg

basalt black gloss with polished rims?

thanks. :thumb:

Hi - is there a difference in price between Dragons request above and doing the same but in solid black with polished rim on 19 inch carrera a wheels? Thanks.

Normally solid black can be done in powder with no wet coat needed so can be cheaper, however 19" wheels usually are a bit more expensive.

ResB said:
Looks good, particularly with some difficult wheels there. Would be good to see a "before and After" pic though.

Can you refurb the MkIV VW Golf Monza II wheels? Thinks that's what they are called.

Not sure if I'm still waiting for a rply to my question. Was it something I said, or did I miss the answer in one of the other replies. ;)

i think i'm all up-to-date with regards to responses for quotes - PMs have been sent

i do try to check up on the forums quite regularly but lately it's been difficult getting the time to do so - may be better dropping me an email if anyone needs a quote, or even call the office to discuss

email: harry (@) the-autowerks.com
tel: 01753 570 010

The Autowerks: Ferrari 360 Modena with some BBS Goodness

Thought you guys might like to see this to give you some inspiration on a slightly different wheel finish.

The owner of this 360 Modena Spyder brought this car to us as he wanted the wheels to be finished in a different colour. He was originally going to just bring us the wheels as he had the factory fitted set at home in his back garden, but after finding that they had been stolen he had no choice but to bring the car itself, and I was very glad he did as it's got a Challenge exhaust system on it, and this thing sounds like an F1 car. Really does get the spine tingling.

Before
DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0307.jpg

From my discussion with the customer and by pointing out a colour that he liked from a wheel in the reception area I had a good idea the look he was after, which was a light anthracite/gun metal grey. This car gets tracked and he wanted it to look a little more menacing, the mirror silver finish of the wheels just made it look a little too pretty.
So after stripping and powdercoating the wheels in primer we got on to mixing the paint. What with this car being something a little special I didn't just want the wheels to end up a pretty common anthracite colour, so decided to add a bit of brown to the mix in order to create a custom colour.

The wheels were painted inside and out, lacquered and baked, and the result is absolutely astounding! The customer supplied the replacement BBS stickers for us to fit back on after the refurb. We also polished up the bolt heads as they were looking a bit tired. The overall look of the car was transformed completely, such a menacing looking car now.

After

DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

DSC_0541.jpg

DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0550.jpg

In addition to the refurb, we repaired the side bolster on the drivers seat as it had worn and dyed the faces of both the seats to get them looking their best again, and gave the interior a thorough going over with the wet vac to bring the carpets back to life.

DSC_0483.jpg

DSC_0490.jpg

DSC_0475.jpg

Thanks for reading

The Autowerks: 964 wheel refurb

David, the owner of this lovely Rainforest Green 964, called me up Saturday before last wanting to get his car looking its best ready for the Waddesdon meet. He popped down that day with the car for me to look over it and discuss with him what he wanted to be done exactly.

After some discussion we both agreed that refurbishing the wheels would knock years off the car.

David brought the car back on Monday and work commenced. First thing to do was to get the wheels and tyres off in order to get them stripped.

BEFORE

Considering their age they weren't in bad condition at all, but the years of brake dust and dirt build-up down the bolt holes really made them look tired, plus the paint on the side of the spokes was starting to bubble.

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

Zaino Clear Seal was applied to the wheels both inside and out to add a bit of protection.

The wheel centre caps were left off as two of them had corroded pretty badly and David wanted to buy and fit new ones.

I split the balance weights on the wheels so that they are hidden behind the spokes of the wheels - it's a pretty neat feature on the wheel balancer we've got.

AFTERS

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

thanks for reading

Excellent work, very impressed certainly do lift the whole car.

David I'm sorry I didn't realise I'd have really liked to see them closer up last Sunday, grr. At least you got centre stage :thumb:

great job, looks great. i know where to come when needing this :bye:

pirellipete said:
what was the turnaround time please??

:?:

well we had the car monday - saturday. but refurbing the wheels wasn't the only work that was completed on the car.

the reason we were able to complete the required work before Sundays meet was because it was possible for us to have the car all week and complete the work in between other jobs booked in.

generally our turnaround times are 2-3 days for a full wheel refurb

hope that answers your question

Harry @ The Autowerks said:
pirellipete said:
what was the turnaround time please??

:?:

well we had the car monday - saturday. but refurbing the wheels wasn't the only work that was completed on the car.

Harry

What other work you have done on the car ??

Theo

ps: As said in another post you need to impove the content of the website as most of the areas are emty

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back