Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSE Question Plz

clivejaustin said:
FYI I am having an OPC supply and fit the PSE to my C2S. Apparently 7hrs labour - more than half of which is the wiring to the Sport Chrono. Parts alone over £1100. If you can buy a cheap used part and aren't worried about being able to run in "quiet mode" then you don't need the wiring so fitting will be much easier. If you can fit youself you'll save a packet just leaving the exhaust open and unswitched. Care over your warranty though - Porsche are getting very picky...

So is the wire fitting to the Sport Chono a difficult part? My C2S's got Sport Chrono and therefore a "Sport" button on the console. I think the wire goes straight into the back ot the existing "Sport" button and requires no new button. Is that right?

I have checked on the web and it seems that porscheshop.com offers the best deal, <£1100 for the package. But I am worried about the wiring part and wonder if they could provide me a fitting instruction.

You have got a fitting manuel to share? Thanks!

PSE WIring

So is the wire fitting to the Sport Chono a difficult part? My C2S's got Sport Chrono and therefore a "Sport" button on the console. I think the wire goes straight into the back ot the existing "Sport" button and requires no new button. Is that right?

I have checked on the web and it seems that porscheshop.com offers the best deal, <£1100 for the package. But I am worried about the wiring part and wonder if they could provide me a fitting instruction.

You have got a fitting manuel to share? Thanks![/quote]

OPC Bournemouth fitted my PSE as a retrofit. As you thought, it is controlled by the Sport switch which controls the sport chrono so no separate switch required. First thing I did though was to unplug the electronics (see other threads on this) so that the exhaust is permenantly in loud mode!

I am afraid I don't have a manual. Good luck though - the PSE sounds great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back