Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My new baby

sidlo

Montreal
:) Hi all, Just joined as I am collecting my first (and the wife says only) porsche tomorrow as a 50th birthday present (not till Aug but prices dictate now is the time to buy). It is a black 04 997 Carrera S tip 21000miles (the wife doesn't do gears). Won,t sleep tonight as I have waited for this moment since I was a soldier in Germany in 1979 and first saw a 911 (Turbo) in the flesh. Followed and drooled ever since.

I have been reading the merits (or not) of the tiptronic over manual within this forum, but after driving one at my local OPC any fears were banished on the driving side and I was deeply impressed with this system. A lot of my long journeys will be to and from Farnborough in Hampshire, or Norfolk (I live in Wakefield) so this set up should suit.

Any way I look forward to your sage advice over the coming months and years as I get to grips with it.[/code][/quote]

Welcome to another C2S owner!

Pictures are mandatory around here you know!

I remember too well that sleepless night before collection. The first few months of ownership are fantastic and longer term you can never bore of a 911!

Welcome to the club

I had the same feeling when I went to take mine but unlike you my wife doesnt like automatics so I got a manual (but she doesnt want to drive it!!!)
Looking forward for the pictures :thumbs:

ps: You will also find that the forum is very active with top advice all around

My new Baby

Thanks Jamie, pictures will of course be posted. I have not bored of 911s since that first encounter, other people may have been bored of me but too polite to say. I have and still do spend 100s of ponds on magazines etc, now I can look at and drive the real thing. I cant wait for the drive home. I visited the porsche day at Wellington country park last year, a wonderfull day but embarrasing as I did not have one.

Welcome Sidlo! As Jamie says, pictures are a must else we won't like you very much :lol:

Aside from Tip, what spec does your car have? We are holding a drive out this coming weekend (see thread in Events and Meets). Maybe you can attend?

~ Maxie :)

:welcome:

my new baby

Unfortunately I am away in Norfolk (family party) this weekend or would love to have attended the meet. Can't wait to get to grips with the roads around their, it is a 175mile journey over very differing roads in Norfolk (those that live there will concur) built for porsches. Lotus are made and tested there and there cars handle ok!! Will be a good way of becoming aquainted with the car.

Welcome to the club mate and may your dreams live long.

What a great (pre) Birthday present - Good choice. Welcome, you'll find you're in good company here :thumb:

Cant think of a better birthday present. Even better when people ask "what did you get for your birthday?" "A 911!". I bet you you spent weeks convincing your other half that buying now makes financial sense. I know because Ihave been doing the same thing for the last 4 months. :lol:

Congrats to your new own!

I picked up my new (used) 04 997 C2S in Jan this year...the nights before I was too excited to have myself settled! Till now, my heart is still pumping hard because of it!

We share the similar feelings! :thumb:

Great stuff!

I did a similar thing, i bought mine as a slightly early birthday present, bought it in december when i was 21 but turned 22 this month.

Absolutely love it still! :lol:

my new baby

:) Time is nearing I have kept myself busy all day,(on holiday this week) re pointing my block paving, anything to pass the day. Now it is evening and after the footie I will be pacing. Is this normal!, I have had loads of new cars but nothing like the anticipation for this babe.

Thanks for the warm welcome from you all, it is appreciated.

Hi Sidlo - welcome and congrats!

Is this normal to be pacing the night before you collect your first 911? You betcha!!!

I picked my 2005 997 C2S Tip up in the first week of Jan. Same car as you! I "suffered" you same symptoms - an exciting start to a special chapter in life - 911 ownership. I have had nice cars, but nothing compares to a 911, to me the physical emodiment of synergy - yes it handles, and is fast, and has looks etc. but it all comes together so damn well.

Cherish your first drive back - ENJOY!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back