Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spy Pics, 2013 998 Turbo Cabriolet on secret test revealed

Porsche News

During 2008 the first spy shots of the 2012/2013 Porsche 911 were revealed. Now these very first images of the 911 Turbo Cabriolet have come out in the open.

998TT-Cab-08.jpg

Secret Car spies snapped this example during the night under very cold weather conditions. But they still managed to uncover the car under the black camouflage clothing.

998TT-Cab-07.jpg

From these pictures it seems Porsche is not taking the currently popular route of giving cabriolets / convertibles an electronically-folding hard top. Instead the traditional canvass is the preferred choice for Porsche.

998TT-Cab-06.jpg

The spied model is based on the car codenamed Type 998 and will replace the current 997 range which has been in production since 2004. The 911 Cabriolet is due to be launched circa 6 months after the 911 911 Coupe sometime in 2012.

998TT-Cab-05.jpg

998TT-Cab-04.jpg

998TT-Cab-03.jpg

998TT-Cab-02.jpg

998TT-Cab-01.jpg

Nice to see Porsche have kept the round head lights - :worship:

A bit difficult to tell, but the roof line looks lower and sleeker than 997 cab.

The rear window looks longer, more isoceles than equilateral triangle (see school geometry is useful!). The roof section between top of rear window and plateau of roof/door window seam appears longer.

998TT-Cab-05.jpg

carscoop_911turbo_51.jpg

Smooth

The front looks a lot more aggressive and the flick up at the rear seems to balance it nicely. More space in the trunk as well by the looks of things, cant wait to see what capacity is increased by. :food:

I do hope they don't carry over the 'hunchback' from the 997 or I'll have to skip another generation! :what:

Looks like the "hunch" has been significantly reduced + nice lines(for a cab) :thumb: OMG :eek: Mrs Wiz was seriously put off buying a 997 cab in 2007 due to the ungainly "hunch" :wtf: better hide this f***ing thing quick :) :)

I also like the 993 headlights style retainment....says a lot about the old 993's timeless/masterpiece design :thumb:

Hmmm, I'm in two minds about round headlights. Look great on the 993 (964 etc) but as we all know the later cars have grown in width, and it is this that I feel is at odds since the front now seems to lack harmony/coherance.

The wide 997 front needs wider light units, i.e. in proportion (IMO).

An image has just popped up in my mind of Baroness Thatcher with her handkerchief... :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back