Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

remapping a 997 3.6l

davidwilson11

Hi there, has anyone had thier cars remapped? i was looking at getting it done but to be honest is this something that i shoudl be looking at?

a friend had his boxster remapped and seems to think that the remap has been really good for the car and improved torque.

remapping on a turbo i can understand but is there much bang for buck with a remap?

if so do you know anywhere that you wouold recommend?

cheers in advance

David,

it would be worth dropping into Drivers in Glasgow and chatting to Neil. He'll be able to help you out!

I seem to remember the Revo remaps have a 'free trial' function- get it remapped, have a scoot about for a few hours and if you like it it stays and you pay. If not, it reverts to standard... that way, you can see if its worth it.

http://www.revotechnik.com/products/freeTrial.aspx

There should be some scope for a little improvement through optimisation, especially if you always run on super UL fuel. As you say though, its not going to be the step change you get from a rechipped turbo. It would be very interesting to get an independent before n' after rolling road test... go on, do it for the team!

I think Big Bob, a 996 owner, had his 3.6 revo'd and seemed v impressed with it. Might be worth pm'ing him.

Some of the perceived 'gain' comes from reprofiling the throttle map- make the car seem more eager simply by delivering more power lower down in the throttle travel... this is done automatically I think when you turn on 'sport' with sport chrono.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back