Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine Warning light concern

Remember that Reading OPC are PCGB, or at least are owned by PCGB, so by going to Porsche UK, you are in fact, complaining to the same company.

I've never heard of no goodwill for a car that wasn't purchased from a OPC before, but can see their point. It's a tough market at the moment.

If it's a major fault (ie. over £1k), then I suspect PCGB/Reading will offer something anyway. It's a 56 reg, so can't have been long out of new car warranty?

Wrt to getting a reduction. You rarely get anything after the event, so best to negotiate this once you know what the problem is. The problem (as you say) is that you won't get your car back until it's paid for and cars stored at OPC for any length of time tend to come back a bit neglected, so make sure you've got recent photos of your bodywork.

Hi Theogor. GD's advice is sound. Get a detailed analysis of the problem and actions taken, then start discussing. If you are a person who is perhaps a little prone to say getting hot under the collar, and thats not a criticsm, because when its happening to you its difficult not to get angry, take someone else with you who is very quiet and objective. Take notes and re-question until you fully understand the sequence of events of the repair. Be calm and polite at all stages.
Pick out the elements of the work that actually fixed the problem, ignoring the false trails.
Then ask them to go into the "POSES" system that allocates the Porsche approved time for each of the NECESSARY ITEMS OF WORK and ask for the total. If that time is greater than they are charging then you are probably on the right side already. If it is not and it is greater, you have a data driven base to negotiate from.
Obviously if there are parts involved too, then you need to be sure you are paying for parts that were needed to be replaced because of the actual fault, not any false trails.
Sorry if this is a bit Janet and John, but its always better to have some facts when arguing the size of a bill. Also if you do need to go back to Porsche UK you will have the data to use to get a concession from them.
Good Luck
Big Bob

Guys

I tried to be very polite over the phone and it paid off. The finally found the problem which was a broken wire and they did end up fixing it rather than going through the expensive route to replace the whole cable that was going to require extensive work and man hours. (a bit of soldering and adding another cable makes the connection as new)
Now about the cost they will only charge me for 1h or so of labour although they ended up spending closer to 5-6h. I am pleased with that and there is no point trying to save another 100-150 pounds at this stage.
The good thing is that the car doesnt have any major fault and that the cost of repairing it is reasonable. I think if I did not raise the issue about goodwill the cost was going to be signifigantly higher
Now I am looking forward to drive her over the weekend.......
Thanks all for all the advice on how to deal with it :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back