Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Full set of tyres for the 997

I've been looking at tyres for a 997 C2 S, no immdeiate need, but want to have a reasonable supplier lined up.

Mytyres.co.uk seem to be reasonable, however:

What is the correct Y for the fronts - I have seen 87Y and 92Y..

Also For the Pilot Sports there are lots of prices for the rears:

Mich Pilot Sport PS2 295/30 ZR19 1007 with rim protect etc at £216

The same with RRBL for £280

Or the same with EL and rim protection and "N1"..? at £333

a bit confusing, any help appreciated :oops:

OPC Michelin Pilot Sport 2's

I priced all the internet competition but noted that Simply Tyres weren't quoting online. My OPC wanted £580 for rear Michelin Pilot Sport 2's 305/35, and I think black circles were £560. It would have been £540 in Costco but I went with the OPC since I was worried about alloy damage. In the end, the OPC replaced them and managed to scuff the rims quite badly. Only when I pointed it out the next day did they offer to repair them (and now perfect). Has anyone had good experience/no wheel damage with Costco? Its my next port of call for the fronts. Just would fret too much at Kwikfits

GD knows it..

Micheldever supply most of the country and IMO cannot be beaten. i saved over 170 for tyres for an M3...they were conti sport contacts too!

Thanks
ahmedz

ahmedz said:
GD knows it..

Micheldever supply most of the country and IMO cannot be beaten. i saved over 170 for tyres for an M3...they were conti sport contacts too!

Thanks
ahmedz

Do Micheldever do mail order?

ResB said:
ahmedz said:
GD knows it..

Thanks
ahmedz

Do Micheldever do mail order?

Yep, they do

Excellent, thats good to know. May just be worth a phone call next time. :thumb:

give martins tyres in woking a call once you have your best price, i'm pretty sure they can beat it! 01276 856846

2 mins from junction 3 of the m3, beat the best fitted price i could find for 18's on my 996. £120 each for 225/40 ZR18 Pzero rosso or £123 for Bridgestone S02's :thumbs:

Kwikfit get my vote...they do a 25% discount on many brands if you buy four at the same time.

Not sure why people would worry??? I have never had my alloys scrathed by them. And they're only tyres, fitted on a standard fitting machine...where all the balancing is done by the machine...not much expertise involved??!!

Do OPC actually do the tyres themselves or do they sub them out????

Kwik Fit tyres vs OPC

No, my OPC fited the tyres themselves and hence it was why ! was disappointed to find the alloys scratched with the premium that they charge. In their defence, the alloys were repaired but I'd have preferred there was no damage whatsoever. So you're happy to let Kwik it at your expensive wheels? :dont know:

In fairness Kwik Fit Commercial Road did my 996C4S twice all round and I didn't notice a mark.

Being city based maybe they have learned through bitter experience to be a bit careful with "suits" an their cars.

As I have now "upgraded" to a 997TT and the alloys are painted and unmarked this will probably be the real test for me...but I have a few thousand miles to go before I need new rubber, thank god!!

Kwik fit will still be top of my list:
--Price was good, fitted, next day
--Convenience is good too - I can drive to Commercial Road, drop the car off at 8am and collect it at 6pm. Saves me a day of £11 parking too!

OPC East London were huge money if memory serves...but largely because of the 25% discount from Kwik Fit (KF have the volume, OPC cannot get near obviously)...and like you have said OPC is no guarantee of quality.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back