Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

NAV problem

bg259

Trainee
I drove to paris last weekend, and I had an issue. The Navigation was always looking at england... The only way to see the France was to Zoom out.. Even when I set a destination in Paris, the mapping system was still looking at London. Does anyone know how to change this setting?? I tried but dont seem to have resolved it...

On my PCM 2, I have 3 discs covering all European countries. France is on a different disc to the UK. Might be a case of swapping discs?

~ Maxie

No, mine is DVD, hence one disc covers all... but it does the same in the UK.. its a setting that needs to be changed,...

bg259 said:
No, mine is DVD, hence one disc covers all... but it does the same in the UK.. its a setting that needs to be changed,...

I believe it's your "view" of the map. In the map view (press map), press the right (round) button and the little menu appears with (among other things like "zoom") some text like "home", "destination" and "current position". Twist the knob and select the appropriate one.

Extra tip: further down in the same menu, you can select the map view in terms of "North" (i.e. up screen is always north) or "Travel" which means the map always rotates so you are travelling "up" the screen,

Hope this helps (if not, I've either not explained clearly or your GPS receiver is disconnected / broken - hope this isn't the case),

Gary.

This is from memory, as I don't have the car with me and am still getting used to the new toy.

While fiddling, I stumbled across a menu option "Country", so I think that's the way to go. At the time, I was looking to enable Voice guidance, which had been switched off. (And which I have since switched off again until I need it!).

As I recall, it took ages to find the voice guidance, as it appears under the "Main" menu options, not "Nav", as you might expect. Have a look around the menus offered under the "Main" button.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back