Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Hatfield taking the Michael

Re: seized nipples

mike brown said:
Hi if you apply gentle heat you will not fry the seals use heat and a combination of wd40 and gently turn the nipple both left and right you should have some success, thats exactly what I would do and indeed what we used to do when I worked in the trade, I am qualified to City & guilds distinction grade 1 served with a full apprenticeship so good luck

Thanks again Mike for the reassurance
Wheel off, heat on, nipple freed up and retightened, wheel back on, 15 minutes maximum. Don't know why OPC couldn't have applied the same standard engineering practices. As you said before, they didn't want to risk shearing the nipple off and having to get the calliper fixed or replaced. Anyway I'm back off to OPC to get the brake fluid flush completed.
:frustrated:

That's just about the daftest thing I have ever heard about an OPC. Telling the customer to take the car away and do the tricky bit, and then take it back for them to finish off. :eek:

And you really are going to take it back? If it was me it would be a two finger salute as I drove away, never to return.

It also begs the question: How many Porsche "Technicians" does it take to change a light bulb? :?

Richard H said:
It also begs the question: How many Porsche "Technicians" does it take to change a light bulb? :?

One, wearing oven gloves and using a hammer... :pc:

Stuart said:
Richard H said:

One, wearing oven gloves and using a hammer... :pc:

And another one throwing darts at a board to work out the bill.

apw2007 said:
Something I learnt very early on is ALWAYS confirm things in writing which is a small inconvenience at the time but can save you plenty of time/money in the long run.
I had an agreement with regard repairing rust to a BMW where I would pay labour costs while they supplied parts for free (the previous owner had missed the last inspection required under the body warranty which let BMW off the hook). I confirmed this in writing and added that I wanted an estimate of the labour costs 'prior' to them doing the work - they went ahead 'without' confirming labour costs and replaced all 4 doors, boot and bonnet lid. The service department then denied there was an agreement in place and wanted to charge me for parts and labour. I refused to pay, my solicitor presented them with a copy of my letter, they backed down and I drove off in a pristine car thanks to a letter which took me 5 minutes to write.
As it happens I do have a wriiten quote from them, they're hiding ehind the standard T's and C's that I knew nothing about.
As for the brake bleeding, I've paid for it so I'm going back to get what is due. Rest assured I won't be going back!

I once used Hatfield (as they are closest by a fair margin) to change brake fluid. It took them 2 days when they originally said same day. Now when it gets its OPC stamp I drive past them on the way to the (IMHO) far more competent and agreeable people at Cambridge. {Note - anything other than scheduled stamps goes straight to JZM in Kings Langley.}

Only other experience of Hatfield was when I was shopping for my car. The sales drone there managed to be both pushy and unhelpful - suffice to say that I didn't source it from them. So they have had 2 chances to get my business and frankly I would rather drive twice as far...

Hi

Sorry for delay in getting back to you, but looks like you have sorted it out...nice one !

Just been so busy today to look on computer.

Mike

But the small claims court form is easy to fill in and warn Hadfield they will get stuck with the issue fee and your costs of attending court - issue fee about £150 (I think) your costs would be loss of days....

Hey leave me out of this..... :floor: :floor: :floor:

Explain this - if necessary in writing to head man at Hadfield - it always helps them to concentrate if you get a form from county court - easy just walk in & ask for it (small claims form) its free - and fill it in and send a copy with you letter.

Hey, I warned you .....where's my small claims court form :thumb:

Pete Hadfield

Sadly, some are desperate for income nowadays and will try everything possible to inflate your bill(indy's inc) :evil: , while others simply won't :thumbs:

Just assume they are all on the take - so just write clearly on the quote/service sheet "authorisation required by owner for all additional work"

If they then/still take your car in they have deemed to have accepted your instructions, rendering the said small print on the service sheet (as discussed on this thread) null and void. This apply's even if they use the "we could not cannot contact you sir" excuse.

Looks like I've kicked open a hornets nest here.
Great advice for all of us about writing 'no extras' on the service sheet.
I guess my biggest shock was their unwillingness to slacken off the brake nipple - especially when I managed to do it myself in a few minutes.

What I didn't mention was the fact they also told me that my battery was marginally oversize and that I had an RMC oil leak - which quite frankly is hardly anything.
Anyway, other than that no major issues so in that respect I'm relieved!

Thanks for all your comments and help guys!
:bye:

Hey hey hey....what about my formal public apology :?:

Pete Hadfield

Pete Hadfield said:

Pete Hadfield

Not me mate, unless of course it's your dealership in which case I want my money back!
Ah, can't be you as you're up in Manchesder!!
:floor:

rhenders said:
Pete Hadfield said:

Pete Hadfield

Not me mate, unless of course it's your dealership in which case I want my money back!
Ah, can't be you as you're up in Manchesder!!
:floor:

Aaaagh apologise damn it apologise somebody... aaww please go on ....pretty please . My god what a total ar*e I'm being tonight can't even sue the goodness damn right person.

Atchura........where are you.................

Yet again an OPC that is so incompitent it really is amazing!!!

It is sad in that "fortunately" we seem to be somewhat clued up on our cars!!

There are lo of other users of OPC's that are being ripped off though!!

Deep Sigh!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back