Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 997 3.8 litre 435 bhp GT3 (video, pics and report)

I think if I was in "the big" mans shoes I'd be rather miffed about this too!

Anyone know what this latest GT3 tips the scales at?

Unladen Weight (DN) - 1395kg
Unladen Weight (EC) - 1470kg (Inlcudes 68kg Driver and 7kg luggage)

Having got over the initial irritation :sad: , that I moved from having the latest GT3, to having "the old model" :evil: , I've done some "corporate" thinking :?: .
It perhaps is more a reflection on the current difficult trading conditions for all car manufacturers :sad: , including Porsche.
Bearing in mind the planned run of the original 997 GT3 sold out pretty quickly, and faced now with low order books on all the other more "production models" then to offer a new GT3 which might keep the production lines turning over, is eminently sensible, assuming the new edition attracts the same purchasing interest as the first :?: .
Anyway since my GT3 tipped the financial scales originally 8000+ miles ago at £92K, I wont be changing. However I'm investigating how I might achieve the same power outputs without the cost of replacing the car :food:
Regards Big Bob

Hey Bob, I got my 997 GT3 in September and am still loving it :thumbs:

Im sure the mk2 will be a fantastic car, but the one we have is truly the dogs b******s, the mk2 will have to be really special to top it in any significant manner. Just enjoy it fellah.... :D

g

Oh, I prefer the rear valance on 'our' car :thumb:

No worries Gary. It does not stop me enjoying every second in the car :)
Glad though I did not have to use it in the snow today :thumbs:
Best Regards Big Bob :bye:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back