Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bose Surround Sound

northeast canuck

In my seemingly neverending search for a 997 C2S, one of my "absolute" requirements was the Bose surround sound system. My reasoning for this was that I had it in my Boxster and I worry that the stock "Porsche" system just wouldn't sound as good and I would regret buying a car without Bose. And of course it can only be factory fitted so I can't change my mind without changing the entire car.

However, this limits the cars available by quite a lot (and the Bose fitted ones tend to be priced at a premium) and it got me thinking - are there aftermarket sound systems that can be installed, preferably just replacing the stock speakers and adding a subwoofer (somewhere?), that sound just as good or better than the Bose? If so, then it would open up many more possibilities to me and I could get myself into my 997 quicker than I seem to be achieving at the moment. :?

Finally, does not having a Bose system affect resale (ie are there lots of people like me or am I just weird)?

Thanks again for any advice!!!

I am window shopping at the moment, but will be diving in in a few months. I am like you - the BOSE is a must have.
I sampled it for a week in a Cayman and it was fantastic.
I take it you are looking for a standard Carrera, as I believe the Carrera S has it as standard? I might be wrong on that. I'm still waiting for my 'ultimate 997 buyers guide' by Peter Morgan to be shipped to me from Amazon.

It is a must imo.

Its optional on all specs, when i bought mine, i also specifically searched for one that had Bose, so your not wierd! :lol:

Hi,

Personally I believe Bose is a must have and I did the same - was patient until the right car comes up. I have a 2005 C2S and it was an option on that - I believe it was a £750 factory option.

So I am another that agrees you are not weird!! Make your experience driving the most evolved car in the World that bit richer with Bose!!! I am sure it will add to resale too, just like the other essential Navigation!

Good luck and happy hunting.

Chris.

It's one of those options that was fairly low cost from new and people expect it. I wouldn't rule out an otherwise exceptional car for the sake of it though.

Hi northeast. I was in the same position as you, with Bose on our Boxster, so I was determined to get it on our C2S.

I'd say yt's well worth the wait, there are plenty of cars out there with it (although getting one in the right colour might take a little longer). It should also help your own resale price if you choose to sell.

The Bose system sounds better in the Carrera Coupe body than it did in the Boxster too. Try Seal's new CD - Great!

Thanks everyone for the replies. I went to my local OPC today and stuck a really bass-heavy CD in a non-Bose car to see what it sounded like.

Result: Bose is required and not negotiable. The standard stereo is OK but bass is wobbly and just not satisfying at all.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I have to say I am surprised at the number of cars out there that don't have it considering it isn't a lot more expensive, as Jamie said.

Anyway, thanks again for the input!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back