Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo worth more in Europe.....????

durgesh

Trainee
Hi Guys,

Don't know if I am missing something here.

But did a few searches on French, German, and Spain's Porsche Sites.

06 Turbo's, seems to be up for sale for anything between €90,000 - €120,000.

Coverting with today's exchange rate, that's a lot, compared to what's happening here.

What's going.. ? Is it because pound is weak.. are they not being effected as badly as us with everything going on.

At these prices, I should go, and sell my LHD Turbo there..? And come back and buy other car...?

Anyone ever exported a car from the UK, and sold it in europe..?

Durgesh

it is true to say that mainland Europe has not had the same easy come easy go attitude to borrowing money that we have had in the UK. Therefore people have more cash in their cars and therfore I suggest more confidence in the value of them. Less of a "buyers" market would have the prices higher.

I have colleagues from mainland visit me frequently and they are always astounded by the UK's apparant wealth, every car is a highe end version where as the base models are far more prevalant over there. As we've had it too easy to get monied up then we attach less value to what we do have........= lower resale prices.

I don't think it means the market is any brisker just that folks aren't as desperate maybe?

Senoj said:
it is true to say that mainland Europe has not had the same easy come easy go attitude to borrowing money that we have had in the UK. Therefore people have more cash in their cars and therfore I suggest more confidence in the value of them. Less of a "buyers" market would have the prices higher.

I have colleagues from mainland visit me frequently and they are always astounded by the UK's apparant wealth, every car is a highe end version where as the base models are far more prevalant over there. As we've had it too easy to get monied up then we attach less value to what we do have........= lower resale prices.

I don't think it means the market is any brisker just that folks aren't as desperate maybe?

I agree with the above - the pound is in the toilet verses the Euro (and the Swiss Franc, mentioned because I'm based in Geneva) which makes things more expensive for you guys here. It's hurting me the other way around because I could buy a newer / lower mileage / higher spec car in the UK for the same money as what I will drop next Tuesday on a silver C2 from 2005. Still, it does mean that when I come to the UK, I can go shopping crazy without major concern :)

Don't know about the import / export situation. I believe that the export part is simple, you just declare it exported with a form (no costs). For the importer, it depends on the country - you'd have to check. There's supposed to be a free trade agreement in place in Europe which may help the buyer but things like speedo's and lights may need swapping which could be prohibitive.

Regards,

Gary.

Gary - Hello from another resident of this slightly odd, but very nice place.

:bye:

i do believe durgesh has got an f430 now.....flippin heck fella..you dont waste time!

Hi mate,

I have a bit of experience on that, since Im currently doing that - exporting my turbo LHD, Im leaving the UK.

There's a reason why cars are much higher priced in the mainland, apart from the stupid drop of the pound ( honestly , its depressing ) : taxes.

Other reason is that mainland europe didnt felt the crisis as bad as the UK is getting it now - bar a few specifics.

So the car business is holding somewhat.

But again, problems is taxes.

Your car, lets say , its worth 60-75k here.

That WAS 100k ish euros, old money. Today 60-75 euros.

Now would seem great to someone pick the car for that money, pop over spain and sell it for 90 or 100 and still make a lovely profit , leaving everyone happy BUT

import taxes are the killer, take my example.

I own a beautifull 911 Turbo, LHD , 2001 - the best :thumbs: . Cost me 37k grand year and half ago, its valued TODAY in Portugal, at around 75k.

Now , if I was to import it, I would go to Portuguese customs and pay :

6k in VAT and misc costs
18k in import tax, circulation tax, road tax and the lot.

See now why they cost 75k ?

Although EEU clearly states the , and I quote, "free circulation of goods and people amongs its members", should be technically possible to buy a car in the UK, go to Portugal and slap a Portuguese license plate and dont have to pay those horrible taxes. But isnt. And Portugal, Spain and few others have ongoing fines for doing this - its cheaper to pay the fines and force the nationals ( or who wants it ) to pay the taxes, rather than drop this.

Portugal, Spain and Italy are like this : I know many fellow Porsche members in Portugal who are absolutly drooling over UK prices but the import tax is just saying no-no.

German and France are a bit different, I would def try to email a couple of dealers in Germany and Holland ( where import is easy ) and check on prices. Even at dealer prices, you should be getting more than you get here ( and a broader market )

Hope it helped

Fuchs said:
Gary - Hello from another resident of this slightly odd, but very nice place.

Hi to another resident :)

When you say "place" are you based in the Western part (Geneva and surrounding) or up north in the land of Finance, Pharma and unintelligible (at least for me :dont know: ) language ...

Notice you're driving a 993 in your sig (?) Does this mean you're an air-cooled fan :?: Must admit the older cars are a little too raw/noisy for me (I'm getting old I guess!).

When I (hopefully) pick up my car next Tuesday, one of my first stops will be the Geneva Porsche Club - just to try out a track day or two. Have you gone in this direction already?

Regards,

Gary.

Hi Gary,

I'm up in the land of finance and weird German - Canton Zurich.

Yep - aircooled all the way, well until i can justify a GT3 and keeping the 993. :D

guess you know about this? http://www.porsche-showtime.ch/

Fuchs said:
Hi Gary,

I'm up in the land of finance and weird German - Canton Zurich.

Yep - aircooled all the way, well until i can justify a GT3 and keeping the 993. :D

guess you know about this? http://www.porsche-showtime.ch/

:)

No, not seen this event - I'll take a closer look at the site when I have more time (and can find the translate button or use babelfish :)).

The 997 C2 (non S) that I'm picking up (all being well) next Tuesday is up in Zurich about 3 Km's from the train station apparently. Silver, 1st reg'ed 06/2005, most options inc. PASM, 114K Kms, 63K Sfr (I'll try to bargain though). Any comments / criticisms / recommendations duly welcome since a) you live there and b> you know the local market better and c> since you speak weird German :) , you can look at different car-for-sale websites than I can :)

Best regards,

Gary.

Fuchs said:

Yes, that's the one :)

Guy who owns (owned) it was born 1937 according to the Carte de Grise so it's probably been looked after and not driven hard :thumb:

Looking forward to seeing what options there really are since during various conversations/emails, I've discovered by accident that it's got another set of OP wheels and heated seats (neither of which are mentioned in the ad).

Gary.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back