Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clutch Smoking?

jools10

Hi, I have a 2007 C4S and have noticed a burning smell when the car has been driven fairly hard, but nothing too bad. I was in a ski resort at the weekend and managed to get myself half stuck down a snowy lane, it took 10-15 minutes to reverse out by which time smoke was pouring from the back. Does anyone know if this is normal or if anything could have been damaged? Cheers.

jools10 said:
Hi, I have a 2007 C4S and have noticed a burning smell when the car has been driven fairly hard, but nothing too bad. I was in a ski resort at the weekend and managed to get myself half stuck down a snowy lane, it took 10-15 minutes to reverse out by which time smoke was pouring from the back. Does anyone know if this is normal or if anything could have been damaged? Cheers.

10-15 mins of reversing doesn't sound good

but the burning smell certainly shouldnt happen on a 997 C4S

get it across to your local dealer (opc or indy)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back