Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exclusive, official Porsche Panamera images and details...

I agree it's a little "awkward" from some (most) angles...

It could have been much better with just a few small changes.

I did a little 'shopping to see what could be achieved...

Original (for reference):
porschepanameraturbo4qu1.jpg

Modified:
porschepanameramodifieddn1.jpg

Even though the modifications are subtle, I think the result is more balanced and more coherent.

Your critiques and suggestions are welcome...

Cheers,
Redback

This car is going to bomb big time. Remember this conversation!

With a price tag of £90k it'll be worth about 45 grand after 2 years or even less. People won't be able to give them away!! I do hope I am wrong though for Porsches sake. But they need to realise that in current market conditions they won't sell many of these!

Porsche Panamera Debut Delayed until Shanghai Auto Show in April

Porsche is delaying the launch of its new four-door sports coupe the Panamera until the Shanghai Auto Show next April. The model was due to premier at the Geneva Motor Show in March.

The luxury sports car maker said the delay is a reflection of the growing importance of China and other Asian markets for its future sales. Or maybe, as European and US car sales are tumbling fast, it's a good idea to go looking for a market to help maintain some stability in your global sales and a continuously growing economy like China's is just that.

Porsche sales in China doubled for fiscal year 2007-2008 compared to the previous year to 8,190 units. In the same period, North American and European sales were down sharply and fell 5.4 percent in Germany, Porsche's domestic market.

Still, this is Porsche, and you can bet the Panamera, like all Porsche models, will be both a sales success and lead to bulky profits for the Stuttgart automaker.

Porsche is in incredibly good shape financially. For the fiscal year that ended September 30th, Porsche made a profit of 8.6 billion euros on revenues of 7.5 billion.

Wait...that doesn't make sense. How can you make more money in profits than you take in in revenue from car sales?

Well, apparently Porsche made several billions of dollars on its buying and trading of VW stock. Do not ask us how this works exactly. Something to do with sending VW shares soaring in moves that killed short-sellers, if that makes any sense to you. But Porsche made heaps and heaps of cash on it while some people lost an equivalent amount in the form of metaphorical shirts and they are desperately, insanely angry about it. Capitalism says too bad to them.

Porsche will maintain its sales target for the Panamera at 20,000 units per year.

Attachments

• 2010_porsche_panamera_22_117.jpg
    2010_porsche_panamera_22_117.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 11,285
  • 2010_porsche_panamera_11_107.jpg
    2010_porsche_panamera_11_107.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 11,285
  • 2010_porsche_panamera_21_880.jpg
    2010_porsche_panamera_21_880.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 11,285
I have to admit, I am taking to it... :paperbag: Not sure I go a bundle on the brown colour above- clearly the 1970's Jensen/Scimitar irony not lost on Porsche!

Interesting that Porsche have delayed it though til April. I'd be amazed if Weideking got it wrong- after all, the Cayenne was not universally liked, but has been a massive seller.

The hatch will make it much more practical- we have an Audi A8, and I get frustrated sometimes with the boot- the Panamera's hatch, with split fold rear seats will make it a great all-rounder, and give it a USP.

Redback59 said:
I agree it's a little "awkward" from some (most) angles...

It could have been much better with just a few small changes.

I did a little 'shopping to see what could be achieved...

Original (for reference):
porschepanameraturbo4qu1.jpg

Modified:
porschepanameramodifieddn1.jpg

Even though the modifications are subtle, I think the result is more balanced and more coherent.

Your critiques and suggestions are welcome...

Cheers,
Redback

I can only see the bigger wheels and the front door shutline's moved, but the whole thing does look better somehow... as you say, subtle mods. What else did you do?

Porsche Panamera interior caught in color

Someone has scanned a photo of what looks to be a production-level Panamera interior. The fact that it's dressed up in brown leather probably will probably be lipstick on a warthog for those who revile it in pre-production form. Of course the number of buttons has been a major item of discussion, but there aren't that many more buttons compared to the 911 or Cayenne - they've simply been rearranged.

Other changes: it gets at least one real cupholder (compared to the 911), the IP and controls to the left of the steering wheel have been more integrated into the flow of the dash, and the 911-type gauges seem to be topped by a trim panel like the one around the Cayenne cluster.

Attachments

• porsche_panamera_interior_2_900.jpg
    porsche_panamera_interior_2_900.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 11,025

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back