Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Why are insurance companies so s***?

Ghost

Estoril
Had a renewal quote through for the family wagon from the company that thinks it is an honour if you insure with them. I thought it was little high, so had a look on the price comparison site that makes you sound a little bit bewildered.com. Lo and behold, the cheapest quote on exactly the same basis as the current Insurance was from the current insurers. Cue 20 minutes on the telephone dealing with a call centre primate who has to refer me to her supervising primate to authorise something they have quoted me already. Why can't they do it properly in the first place? Unreal :x

+1 !!

I used a comparison website and the cheapest was Admiral. So I called them to see if i could get the quote reduced. I went through the whole process again with the chap on the phone and the premium came out £800 more expensive... errrr, that's double - is that a joke? So i hold for a few minutes, while he "talks to his manager". He comes back, 'only' £200 more expensive than online quote. Again: no. So, he FINALLY agrees to match the online price.

What annoys me is that they obviously tried to rip me off, and the quote was cheaper if i agreed to park my car on the street (where my neighbour had his M5's wheels pinched not long ago) than in my garage round the back of the building, which itself is only accessible through a big electric metal gate at the front!!

It just doesn't make any sense!!

Ghost said:
Had a renewal quote through for the family wagon from the company that thinks it is an honour if you insure with them. I thought it was little high, so had a look on the price comparison site that makes you sound a little bit bewildered.com. Lo and behold, the cheapest quote on exactly the same basis as the current Insurance was from the current insurers. Cue 20 minutes on the telephone dealing with a call centre primate who has to refer me to her supervising primate to authorise something they have quoted me already. Why can't they do it properly in the first place? Unreal :x

Dont tell me.....More Than !!

They have a policy of having your money in year 1 and getting rid of you before year 2. Its called take your money and scarper.

More Than are notorious for giving a crap 1st year renewal quote. I took my business elsewhere and wrote a letter to them telling them to stick it!

comparison sites :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc:

best stick to A-Plan :thumb: and Manings :thumb: sense at the end of the phone

Stuttgart Spy said:
comparison sites :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc:

best stick to A-Plan :thumb: and Manings :thumb: sense at the end of the phone

+1. :thumbs:

Porsche is with A-Plan. Hope they'll accept the Golf too come renewal time.

~ Maxie

When I traded up from Turbo to GT2, Privilege wanted £1,522 (incl no claim protection plus legal protection) which was increase of approx £500 on the Turbo. Funny how year on year the cost kept on going up - guess they rely on you being lazy and not shopping around.

Quote from A Plan which was around £800 for the GT2 :thumbs:

I'm afraid even A Plan came up with some crazy prices at renewal.......by telling them what I could get online saved myself over £300......

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back