Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exclusive, official Porsche Panamera images and details...

What's the expected price range of the Panamera?

Taran :?:

I've had mixed views on this. Really not doing it for me. I think it's one car too far from Porsche - I think they have spend too much time trying to make it look like a Porsche - what symbolises Porsche - a 911

Re: Awful...

dazzpowder said:
the 911 has been my pin-up car since I was a kid and love the fact they haven't given in to marketing trends by keeping the 911 true to it's design winning look - but this car, what were they thinking? can't they design anything that doesn't look like a 911 on stilts or a strech version?

quite right !

can't they leave it to VW for that sort of thing !

It also reminds me of that Chrysler 300, looks great in saloon but the fast back a deff :hand: :hand: IMO

Attachments

• 2005_chrysler_300c_srt8_02_m_273.jpg
    2005_chrysler_300c_srt8_02_m_273.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 16,366
  • 1300963087_9ed7d2840b_990.jpg
    1300963087_9ed7d2840b_990.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 16,366
Not doing it for me, function overcoming form I'd say...looks a bit better on the move, but agree with earlier comments, reminds me a bit of a Jensen Interceptor or more modern cayman/mazda R8 hybrid, even a Scimitar! Also, the shape of the hatchback around those (cayman-like) rear light clusters, looks way too unnecessary. I reckon you'll be able to pick up a few year old one for peanuts in the near future.

I am really not sure at all. I agree that the rear looks dangerously close to a Crossfire - cue Clarkson squatting dog comments!

Chauch said:
I am really not sure at all. I agree that the rear looks dangerously close to a Crossfire - cue Clarkson squatting dog comments!

I actually take that comment back - the reason the Crossfire looks like that is because of its short wheelbase and it ends up all out of proportion. I think the Panamera gets away with it personally.

I actually think they've done a really good job and it's not too dissimilar to the 928 in some proportions. As I said earlier, this really does remind me of the Jensen Interceptor and in my book there's nothing wrong with that :)

(and I bet it will be a damn sight more reliable than it's nearest competitor in spirit, price, and performance - the Quattroporte!) :wink:

I hope I am wrong( I really do) but does anyone else think the new Porsche is going to flop badly in these economic times?

If I was Mr Porsche I'd mothball the thing(and refine it further) until the economies of the world are ready and willing to buy it.

With 10 billion in the bank it's not as if Porsche need to risk another bloody nose(re the 928). :?: :?:

wizard993 said:
I hope I am wrong( I really do) but does anyone else think the new Porsche is going to flop badly in these economic times?

Nope - personally I think that the main market will be former Cayenne buyers who have realised that they don't need a 4x4 after all (the market for which is tanking big time as a consequence).

By definition they are not sensitive to either cost, depreciation or (particularly) looks too, so it could well do okay...

:?

like others, i have to say it looks a lot better than i was expecting and actually rather good from some angles. It's certainly very distinctive and 'very Porsche'. I think they will have no trouble selling them - even in todays harsh times - and probably to the expense of other makes such as Maserati and Aston. I imagine it will be seriously good to drive too. Am a bit worried it will actually take sales from the lower model 911s as well...

It just got absolutely pelted(big time) on Top Gear by all three presenters....they can't all be wrong can they :?: :?:

I will be amazed if it makes it in the current market dynamics. :nooo: :nooo:

wizard993 said:
It just got absolutely pelted(big time) on Top Gear by all three presenters....they can't all be wrong can they :?: :?:

I will be amazed if it makes it in the current market dynamics. :nooo: :nooo:

They all had similar view on the Cayenne IIRC...and that's not turned out too bad!

Also, funny how they picked the least flattering image to show....

Taran :bandit:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back