Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Parking Aid Fault

CAP10

Hi

My parking aid is showing a fault condition - continuos low tone on selecting R - on my 997C2S. Times is hard so I'd rather not go the OPC route. Has anyone any ideas where to start or where the controller is located? There is no obvious damage anywhere and the fault suddenly occured after parking.

Cheers

Dave :?:

possibly worth checking the sensors are clean, mine does the same every so often :oops:
Usually water sat on/in the sensors so a quick blow or wipe sorts it out..

garyw

I agree with Gary, but if there's definitely no damage to the sensors you should be able to get it sorted out under warranty.
I had a similar issue with my BM and it didn't cost me anything, so your OPC would appear to be the best route.

Clive

if you want to check the controller it is situated under the passenger seat.. :thumb:

Thanks for the replies guys. Cleaning didn't help, but disconnecting the controller did. I'll speak to my OPC.

Dave

CAP10 said:
Thanks for the replies guys. Cleaning didn't help, but disconnecting the controller did. I'll speak to my OPC.

Dave

It might be a faulty sensor (not the controller) I had one go on my last Porsche. The OPC wanted to charge a fortune (Over £350) as they said the bumper needed to come off and the replacement sensor needed to be sent off for painting. I go them to tell me which sensor was faulty, then bought a new sensor (circa £60). I managed to get my hand up behind the bumper and replace the sensor without removing the bumper. I got some paint mixed up and sprayed the face of the sensor before replacing it.

Hi

Thanks for that. My OPC said it could be either. The controller is £250, but they want an hours labour to diagnose the fault. I'm going your route and try to isolate the fault one sensor at a time.

Cheers

Dave

CAP10 said:
Hi

Thanks for that. My OPC said it could be either. The controller is £250, but they want an hours labour to diagnose the fault. I'm going your route and try to isolate the fault one sensor at a time.

Cheers

Dave

An hours labour !!! That's crap.... As soon as they plug the diag system into the car they can isolate the exact sensor.

If the OPC services your car get them to check it out when they service it. If you play dumb they probably will not charge you (worked for me !)

Or get an Indie to diag it for you ....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back