Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Heavy Clutch

speedy_un

Spa-Francorchamps
Spent a few minutes on Sunday morning pressing the clutch pedals on every 997 in the showroom at OPC Guildford, and with the exception of one (which squeaked) they were a lot lighter than mine...

Discuss...
Is my clutch on it's way out? (car only purchased 1 week ago from OPC)
Can it be adjusted?

OPC Guildford will be looking at the car this morning, but I wondered if anyone had experience of this.

(The car was bought for my partner and a manual was purchased on the basis that the 997 clutch was lighter than the 996 she drove which made her want a tip! She's not happy!)

Stop blaming your partner, be a man and take the clutch ;-) :p

ETA: i am not sure of the mechanics behind, but my clutch definilty got lighter when i had it replaced...could need new springs ;-)

...if I'd been a real man I'd have bought a 996?

UPDATE - OPC Guildford got in the car, and immediately said that it wasn't right.

Either clutch booster spring (cheap fix) or something/springs inside the clutch houseing (less cheap).

As the car was only collected on Sat 6th I don't expect either to be an issue FOR ME!

Paul,

I think the clutch is self adjusting to be honest. Sounds to me like there is a clutch problem there, you do right to take it in for further investigation. ;)

Agreed. It's going back to OPC on Thursday - they have been very efficient, and assure me that it will be rectified.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back