Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

speed detectors

mottle

Trainee
Hi everyone. My new 997 gen 2 is on the way so im looking at a speed trap detector. Ive had road pilots before but i found on the last one i had (micro go) it was difficult to read and hear(bose to loud) Has anybody got or used the pogo or snooper saphire?Any help appreciated :thumb:

The PogoAlert is mint. :)

seems like pogo it is then!!! :thumb: are they easy to hard wire or should i get my o.p.c to do it before collection?

cheers

mottle said:
seems like pogo it is then!!! :thumb: are they easy to hard wire or should i get my o.p.c to do it before collection?

cheers

For someone who's done it before it should be easy, but not for a novice. Don't forget to order the "hard Wire kit" as it doesn't come with one. :)

ResB said:
Don't forget to order the "hard Wire kit" as it doesn't come with one. :)

Don't bother. The hardwire kit is a ridiclous £19.95 + P&P.

Buy one of these instead to use the supplied lighter socket lead:

click

Use suitable wire to the terminals of this socket, in line fuse to protect it all, wire the other end to wherever to intend to take the hardwire power source. Job done for 2 quid :D

I was advised by a very good friend last week that the various forces across the UK are really starting to crack down hard on speeders through this month and next. The buggers have been on speeding conferences!

We are starting to see it up here in Strathclyde already, with 600 caught in just two days.

There is also a nasty little external 12v portable camera unit(takes power from the car) in test/trial by some forces which can be set up very quickly and operated from within a car using a joystick. It has laser and a few other nasty surprises up it's sleeve (re all weather conditions). It appears to be some sort of mini version of "the men in the white van" that drivers can usually avoid getting caught. It may well not get home office approval(a good few detection devices don't) but it's not going to get any easier for drivers of high performance cars in the future.

:nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back