Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Radio Tuning

bevilready

Hi All,
A while ago I posted a thread about the poor radio station tracking in my 997 TT. It wasn't met with much of a response but I thought I would tell you what my local OPC have told me over the few occasions it has been in the garage. Firstly they said that it could be due to the car having the incorrect amp hour battery fitted, 80 not a 90. They then said they had reset the PCM and it was a lot better. Today they are telling me that it is due to the system still being analogue and not digital. The problem remains, but my old 996 didn't suffer with the same problem and that was nine years old! The problem I am having before you ask is that as you are on the move the radio doesn't tune itself into the strongest possible signal available and you have to manually press the preset button the station is stored on in order for it to retune. Does anyone have any ideas or views?

bevilready said:
...Firstly they said that it could be due to the car having the incorrect amp hour battery fitted, 80 not a 90...

Unfortunatley I cant help with your original question, but I can tell you that the above answer is the only proof you need that you should never ever ever ever let your car anywhere near that OPC again. In terms of crocks of *****, it is the largest in the entire universe.

bevilready said:
Hi All,
A while ago I posted a thread about the poor radio station tracking in my 997 TT. It wasn't met with much of a response but I thought I would tell you what my local OPC have told me over the few occasions it has been in the garage. Firstly they said that it could be due to the car having the incorrect amp hour battery fitted, 80 not a 90. They then said they had reset the PCM and it was a lot better. Today they are telling me that it is due to the system still being analogue and not digital. The problem remains, but my old 996 didn't suffer with the same problem and that was nine years old! The problem I am having before you ask is that as you are on the move the radio doesn't tune itself into the strongest possible signal available and you have to manually press the preset button the station is stored on in order for it to retune. Does anyone have any ideas or views?

Don't you need to have something set on the radio for auto-tuning? I'm sure it's an option that you can enable/disable....have you checked the manual?

The RDS option is enabled and I haven't seen any other options either in the manual or when looking through the system. If you have any ideas I would welcome them.

Afraid that I can't help, but I do share the same problem. I just don't think the radio (or possibly the aerial) is any good. The system sounds fantastic, but as soon as you go anywhere near a weak signal aerial, the reception goes very quickly.

What I normally do is just listen to the PSE anyway - far better! :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back