Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2009 Model Year Porsche 911 [997] Facelift Launched

Actually what can I do to make this 3 month wait go quicker. This is much worse than when the wife got pregnant. The wait is desperatly tough. I thought about calling the Porsche centre here in Stockholm and telling them I need to rent the turbo or the GT car....oh my oh my 4.3 sec to 62mph with sport chrono plus, my oh my I ordered the exhaust and engine upgrade which shaves it down to 4.0sec with a button called launch cocntrol and to use it you keeo your brakes and throttle to the floor then at the lights you just release the brake in Porrsche's own words 'as fast as you can' and .....then you just smile......My God, I have been dreaming about this all night. 8th June. I am in a better position now than when the order went in first week of March.

andrew1965 said:
Actually what can I do to make this 3 month wait go quicker. This is much worse than when the wife got pregnant. The wait is desperatly tough. I thought about calling the Porsche centre here in Stockholm and telling them I need to rent the turbo or the GT car....oh my oh my 4.3 sec to 62mph with sport chrono plus, my oh my I ordered the exhaust and engine upgrade which shaves it down to 4.0sec with a button called launch cocntrol and to use it you keeo your brakes and throttle to the floor then at the lights you just release the brake in Porrsche's own words 'as fast as you can' and .....then you just smile......My God, I have been dreaming about this all night. 8th June. I am in a better position now than when the order went in first week of March.

:D

:food:

Damian said:
Sundeep said:
andrew1965 said:
Beautiful the rigt decision for me to wait these 6-8 months. Just 3 months to go now.

PDK owning 3.8 S cars will be giving 996 GT3 owners a run for their money !

We'll see :D

:thumbs:

I must say I do like the front bumper ! I have been a huge fan of the 996 TT/C4S bumper and it looks a little like that !

I hear Porsche have made the PDK with a worry ! I understand you have to push the gearknob forward to change up a gear ??? Where every other tip/dsg... box you pull the stick back to change up !

:eek:ut:

Yeah, but the engine is in the wrong place as well so who cares?

Damian said:
Sundeep said:
andrew1965 said:
Beautiful the rigt decision for me to wait these 6-8 months. Just 3 months to go now.

PDK owning 3.8 S cars will be giving 996 GT3 owners a run for their money !

We'll see :D

Personally, I see this option as moronic... a way for people with too much money and not enough sense to have a way to give it to Porsche (if it gets better cars and tech for us, I guess thats OK.

What is the end result of this PDK with Launch Control? Racing comes down to reaction time. We could all just get buzzers and on the signal, see who buzzes in first. No need to drive. I mean, how hard is it? Any fool can do it. Mash, break, press 'launch control' buttons, mash gas, at signal let up on brake.... the computer does the rest.. all you do is keep foot on gas and point car down road. Ogg can drag race! Go Ogg, go! Beyond stupid.

1 year after release theres going to be plenty of new models with all options selling at 70 percent of the purchase price.

even still first 2-3 years the loss of value is huge if buying new or second hand

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back