Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 facelift specs!

I think it was a shame when they took the reflector stripe off on the 997, it looked very good on the C4S 996 :thumb:

Porsche 997 Facelift (starting with MY 2009):
--------------------------------------------

Porsche 911 Carrera 2 and Carrera S Coupe & Cabriolet market launch Europe, LHD & RHD on July 5th 2008.
USA/Canada % Rest of World on September 20th 2008.

Porsche 911 Carrera 4/4S, Cabriolet 4/4S and Targa 4/4S
market launch worldwide(!) on October 25th 2008.

All 997 Carrera/Targa engines are getting new DFI(direct fuel injection) engines with 3.6 litres and 3.8 litres capacity.
The 3.6 l engine for the standard Carrera/4/Targa 4 models has 345 HP and 390 Nm torque.
The 3.8 l engine for the sportier Carrera S/4S/Targa 4S models has 385 HP and 420 Nm torque.

The manual gearbox gets an upshift indicator which is intended mainly for saving fuel rather than a sportier gear change.
New optional PDK(Porsche Doppelkupplung) 7-speed shifting system which incl. a newly designed 3-spoke steering wheel too.
The Drive-off-Assist, well known from the 997 GT2, will now be a standard option for all 997 models, no matter if manual gearbox or PDK.
PTM, the well known traction management from the 997 Turbo, will be standard on all 4WD models.
Same applies to the limited slip differential which also will be available as an option for all 2WD models.

The 997 models with the smaller 3.6 l engine also get a new and overworked brake system(330 mm brake disks front and rear).

Bi-Xenon lights are now a standard option on ALL 997 models.
Same applies to the new LED daytime running/side lights in the front and the newly shaped LED taillights.

Other improvements: third generation PCM(Porsche Communication Management) with a large 6.5'' touchscreen, 30GB HDD navigation module(optional) and a quadband GSM phone. For the first time, Porsche includes Bluetooth and MP3 support for the 6-CD changer, something a lot of people were waiting for.
The new PCM system will also have an USB and iPod port and again...hallelujah...you can listen to music from your iPod and even an USB stick now.
A TV-Tuner will also be available(analogue and digital TV) but mainly for DVB-T reception which isn't working in the USA. A voice control for the PCM will also be available as an option.

The interior has been slightly changed too, there are fewer switches to switch, the new black paint finish looks much better than the cheap silver look and the A/C controls have been modified too. Other minor changes like new windows lifts, an improved car key, etc. should also be mentioned.

For sporty drivers and track addicts, Porsche has improved the Sport Chrono Package. There are new features available now like a launch control or a special gearshift mapping(PDK) for track racing. The PASM sport suspension also involves a 20 mm lowering now, unfortunately ONLY for the Coupe, not the Cabriolet.

It may be also worth mentioning that one of my favourite options in summertime, seat ventilation, is now also available as an option for the 997, a heating system for the steering wheel is also available now as an option.

Some minor cosmetic changes have been applied to the rear bumper and front part but with the exception of the newly shaped LED taillights and the slightly different integration of the exhaust pipes, everything is still the same, the 997 shape hasn't changed at all.

For those 997 Turbo, GT3 and GT2 owners who seem to be afraid of a design change: this year, only the 997 Carrera/Cabriolet/Targa gets a facelift, don't worry.

And while I'm writing this, the first facelifted 997 have already left the factory. Hallelujah all the way...again. (RT)

wow

looking forward to taking delivery in september like never before.
a dvd too! sounds as though my 10 month old son can watch 'Cars' while I head out to discover Swedish B roads playing with the sport button :D .

Daniel said:
I think it was a shame when they took the reflector stripe off on the 997, it looked very good on the C4S 996 :thumb:

But part of me quite likes the rear reflector strip on the 9964S being unique to the watercooled 911s.

Anyway, a PDK equipped Targa 4S is now at the top of my lottery-win shopping list!

5th July

5th July I am invited to Stockholm Porsche Centre's unveiling of the facelifted 997. I am surprised there are few pictures available on the net as it is hardly a secret no surely.

I was also amazed to learn that 'little' Sweden wiht only 9 millin people has the 4th biggest Porsche club in the World and the second most active..amazing.

Finally, I think Sweden is the perfect country to own a 911. Great roads and few cameras. :thumb:

Can't wait to see the facelift, wonder when it is first coming to the UK?

Daniel said:

I hadn't noticed that !! Surprised Halfords didn't catch on to that and make a sticky reflective strip to apply to the car.

911UK said:
Porsche 997 Facelift (starting with MY 2009):
--------------------------------------------

For those 997 Turbo, GT3 and GT2 owners who seem to be afraid of a design change: this year, only the 997 Carrera/Cabriolet/Targa gets a facelift, don't worry.

And while I'm writing this, the first facelifted 997 have already left the factory. Hallelujah all the way...again. (RT)

Hmm - seems strange that they up the "standard" range's power but don't touch the top end.... maybe decided it's the perfect balance as it is??

why are there no photos in any of the national press/magazines

'Cream White (special colour) replaces Slate Grey Metallic'

Thats a shame, I love Slate Grey...but then White is the new Black.

late facelift spy pics

note, the complete rear red reflector being masked (although not so well!)

Attachments

• 119147_450_209.jpg
    119147_450_209.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 6,788
  • 119149_450_118.jpg
    119149_450_118.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 6,788
  • 119151_450_853.jpg
    119151_450_853.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 6,788
  • 119274_450_188.jpg
    119274_450_188.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 6,788
  • 119281_450_550.jpg
    119281_450_550.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 6,788
wwonderful pics

wonderful simply wonderful. I saw the first official pics on autocar's web site. They were posted just after midnight on today's official release.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back