Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Abbeville, France

wagonface

Went to Abbeville on Saturday with Lotus-On-Track. I am a track day novice (this is only the 3rd one) so can't offer super technical info about the track, but I had such a good day I wanted to flag this up as a good circuit;

1) LoT is a great group to go with. They dont take things super seriously (people dont turn up in full length race suits, complete with sponsorship), but they all have a great attitude on and off the track. Safety is obviously stressed by the organisers, but more importantly its the drivers that are very safe on track. Abbeville has 1 straight, so overtaking is tough, but everyone was very responsible and no one did anything naughty at any point during the day. I have never seen a boy racer on a LoT day.

2) Abbeville is an awesome circuit for getting your cornering right. Only one straight, lots of multiple corners. I loved it. The Elise's were obviously nippy-er through the corners, but for me it was so enjoyable to gradually improve at getting the corners right, carrying speed through. It was also wet to start with, which was interesting!

3) For beginners, the corners are very wide & the barriers are mostly far enough from the track to not worry about.

4) We paid £80 for the track, £50 eurotunnel, £30 to stay over the night before. So its often the same price as a UK day, and you get a nice roadtrip out of it which is always fun.

5) 4 of us went down: 2 elise's, my 996 and a Sagiris. The sagiris got a LOT of attention during the day. There was a testing team at abbeville who had a Superleggera that had a few laps, taking on the Sagiris on the straight, which was fun to watch. There was also a nice chap from Bristol in a stunning orange 997 GT3-RS, which looked the nuts.

I've now done Bedford GT & Abbeville. For my money Abbeville was the more challenging and therefore more enjoyable day. Loved it and cant wait to go back.

Josh

PS - not sure if I'm allowed to post in this section? If not, tell me and I will move it?

Good review Josh, exactly the right place for it :thumb:

Venue Info

Stadium Automobile BP 337
Chemin departemental 928
Route d'Hesdin
80103 Abbeville Cedex
France

http://www.stadium-automobile.fr/

Attachments

• abbeville_335.jpg
    abbeville_335.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 10,294