Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Supersport to RSR backdate, now complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
cimg0310_small_139.jpg

looks :thumb:

PolarExpress said:
Looking awesome Simon! Can't wait to see (and hear) her on track. :food: :thumbs:

^^what he says^^ :thumb:

Thanks for the nice complements guys

Today I took out my White tyre marker and started to fill in the make on the tyres to give that old school racer look. Pondering if i should do the tyre model as well

going to get a Porsche and a "Carrera RSR" decal for the back

Attachments

• cimg3030small_127.jpg
    cimg3030small_127.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 7,681
  • cimg3021small_900.jpg
    cimg3021small_900.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 7,681
  • cimg3027small_198.jpg
    cimg3027small_198.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 7,681
  • tyrepen_875.jpg
    tyrepen_875.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 7,674
smtk said:
Thanks for the nice complements guys

Today I took out my White tyre marker and started to fill in the make on the tyres to give that old school racer look. Pondering if i should do the tyre model as well

going to get a Porsche and a "Carrera RSR" decal for the back

Personally I think you should. The tyres look a bit lop-sided with only one side in white script.

Weighed it today with a tank full to the brim with petrol it came to 1160kg's. So without out a full tank (93 litres @ .73kgs) that's 1093kgs
the stock widebody car weighs (according to the manual) 1260kg
so a saving of 167kg

I also plan on some further weight reductions but alot depends on where i save it. I don't wish to take any more off the front by loosing the spare wheel or a racing battery. But considering plexy glass windows, a lighter starter motor, no carpets and ceramic disks which could probably shed another 55kg

Any way on the way back home the upper Richmond road was chock-a-block so detoured into Richmond park to take a few snaps

And one more of the boot compartment

Attachments

• cimg3050s_233.jpg
    cimg3050s_233.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 7,551
  • cimg3048s_926.jpg
    cimg3048s_926.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 7,551
  • cimg3047s_102.jpg
    cimg3047s_102.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 7,551
  • cimg3040s_123.jpg
    cimg3040s_123.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 7,551
I enjoy reading this write up and photo's smtk, please keep them coming. Fantastic car, I would be so proud to own it. Well done on all your hard work and wallet...
:thumbs:

:worship: :camera: :worship:

Looking good Simon. :thumbs:

That looks fantastic mate... :)

What's the Porsche part number for that bonnet prop by the way? :D

:bow: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :worship:

fantastic Simon, you must be very proud.

keep the pics coming, esp some of you on track with lots of opposite lock :)

well ask me how it is in another 1000miles then i can get it set-up on a rolling road.

Atm its very much in the bedding in stage, its very noisy and lots of fumes. But looks the dangles.

Quite a few people have waved at me and a few even took photos. I'll try and be at the ACE/Fairmile with it and a few of the other porsche meetings but driving it in traffic is a chore.

She's booked into paint shield for a full frontal next week and is having a new alarm/immobiliser fitted this Thursday. Then once she had a full geo and ride height and the engine set-up i need to find a quieter exhaust this ones hells bells loud

Any way this Wednesday i'm spending the afternoon in a Mk2 RS2000 rally car and tuthills is just around the corner so will probably pop into them and let them have a look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back