Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Slightly miffed

Slow Poke

Spa-Francorchamps
I have my GT3 insured with A Manning. They were thouroughly professional at the time of getting quotes, processed paperwork quickly and sent out a cover note in no time. They did take sometime sending out my Insurance certificate and it had me down as having 0 years NCB. I queried this with them and was told that they had a record of me having full NCB, but the underwriter sent out the certificate and thus might not necessarily have all the info. I then checked again to see if the other features of my policy were correct, for eg., track day cover and all was in order.

When I got my policy, I went through the small print in fine detail and did not notice specific exclusions wrt Nurburgring; for eg. "Nurburgring" or the other favourite "derestricted public toll roads". I have just gotten off the phone with them today and was told that I was only covered 3rd party on a touristfahrten (public day) but had full cover on a privately run trackday.

Now as far as I know, Allianz (the underwriter) is a german company and the 'ring is a public road in Germany. I dont understand it. How can they exclude it without actually mentioning it on the policy. I know certain UK insurere exclude by name or using clever words. Why should there be no cover? Is it because there might be numpties trying to kill themselves? Is it because they think I might be that numpty? How is the traffic any different from what I might find on the derestricted autobahn? (Dont answer this, I know. :( )

Please note, I have absolutely no intention of ever crashing or being crashed into at the 'ring. Being crashed into once on my first lap ever was quite enough. (I'll tell that story another time).

I would be very keen to know how the policies of all of you who are insured A Manning are worded.

Yours extremely confused,

Ok, if we talk about the contract that is binding, our contract is with Alianz and not A Manning. A Manning are acting as nothing more than a broker. No money comes from A Manning when we make a claim. If A Manning are telling you that the Ring is not covered they are telling you porky pies. If you read your CONTRACT, note the word contract, contract being legally binding, it covers European travel and does not exclude that road.

As for what A Manning say about being covered for MSV days I don't envy the person attempting to claim..... again, your policy which is with Allianz does not cover them, therefore unless they feel like paying out money where they are not obliged to..............

I'm interested in finding out more about A manning Insurance as I'm currently not covered for TF and I'm going there in August....

Can anyone provide a link - or recommend any other Insurance companies that don't have the ring singled out??

Thanks!

Thanks Jeff, that does make more sense. :) Getting the policy out (yet again) for another read.

Slightly less confused now. Though that might be the haze from all the alcohol I had last night. Or not. :roll:

Peach said:
I'm interested in finding out more about A manning Insurance as I'm currently not covered for TF and I'm going there in August....

Can anyone provide a link - or recommend any other Insurance companies that don't have the ring singled out??

Thanks!

I'm with Norwich Union via a broker and the broker has confirmed I am covered on a TF at the Nurburgring, as Aviva being German can't not cover me at the ring.

Give Chris Wilkins a call on 02087738123 and mention 911uk :)

Also worth giving A-plan a ring to see if they dont exclude it.

911UK said:
I'm with Norwich Union via a broker and the broker has confirmed I am covered on a TF at the Nurburgring, as Aviva being German can't not cover me at the ring.

Give Chris Wilkins a call on 02087738123 and mention 911uk :)

Also worth giving A-plan a ring to see if they dont exclude it.

Superb - tried the number though and it seems to be a general enquiry number on a bus park....do you know the name of the company Chris works for (OR is that the name of the co??) :oops:

Tried A- Plan but they were about 85% more expensive than my current quote. :(

Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back