Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Clock Removal/Straighten

BEN C4

Trainee
I've just had the front windscreen replaced on my 964 and he had to do something behind my clock to hook the arial up, but now my clock is wonky. Do I have to prise it out or does it screw out? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

depends on how bad it is

you can actually gently prise out the unit or carefully twist it around as they are not screwed in but it all depends on the seal

Just the rubber seal holds it in place so it should twist back into position if it as been taken already, if not genntly prise it out with a screw driver with a piece of cloth over the end to protect the dash.

Dik

sill question and not normally so "homer simpson" but where is the button to change the time. have been looking on the "ergonomically laid out dsahboard" and cant seem to find it. no owners manual so in the dark.

thanks

jlee said:
sill question and not normally so "homer simpson" but where is the button to change the time. have been looking on the "ergonomically laid out dsahboard" and cant seem to find it. no owners manual so in the dark.

thanks

There's a rocker switch on the underside of the instrument cluster more or less below the clock - hold it down to move the time forwards. If you keep it down, it moves faster.

cheers heaps. Thought i was going mad as i looked everywhere. Seems this one is quite logically placed then, unlike the other ones, such as the electric mirror "switch over" button. LOL :lol:

For about £30 you can get a driver's manual from the likes of Type 911, Design 911 and Porsche Shop - I did and it saves asking those embarrasing questions :wink:

Thanks.

Jst found out the headlight water filler lcoation is next to the petrol cap? seems very illogical having this next to Petrol cap no ?

jlee said:
Thanks.

Jst found out the headlight water filler lcoation is next to the petrol cap? seems very illogical having this next to Petrol cap no ?

Er, not at all. If you're putting a SUL petrol nozzel in the washer tube, and water by opening the fuel cap I reckon you need new glasses.

Should have gone to specsavers :wink:

specsavers it is then. :lol:

What i was getting it is that there are two immiscible liquids filler holes right next to each other.

If the other filller is just under the front bonnet, why not there. Then again, seeing the dashboard switch locations, makes sense now. LOL

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back