Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Xenons - how?

I've had some conversations with another forum member who has fitted a hids4u kit successfullyto his 964

bulb type H4, (dip and main beam)

I've also had some contact with hids4u who say their kit will fit.

Apparently it uses the existing bulb holder, and the ballast sits in the boot

Anyway, I've ordered up a kit, I'll be fitting next week/when it arrives, and if it works I'll post photos and comments,

if not, hids4u will get it back.

ACEparts haven't returned any of 4 email contacts I sent, so can only assume that their stuff isn't right for a 964 as I asked them specifically to comment on their product, and its suitability for a 964.(e & o e)

Just received my kit from HIDs4u,

the wiring is pretty idiot proof, all the connectors are different so can't get that bit wrong.

There is some hole cutting required though, the ballast and control units will have to sit in the boot, and a hole cut in the headlight recess bowl to feed the wires through and accommodate the longer bulb.

Will take some pics during fitting and post, along with comments on the performance.

This is HIDs4u 'H4' bulb type kit which gives both hi and lo beam

I got a bi-xenon kit from visionperformance last weekend and should fit it sometime over the holiday, so I'll let you know how it goes.

It will probably be in the Impreza though, rather than the 964 at the mo. Don't do too many track days in the dark :lol: and the scooby gets commuted through the lanes (think - tarmac stage :twisted: )

H4's in mine

Attachments

• rsr4_594.jpg
    rsr4_594.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 6,567
well so far its looking like it wont happen without cutting the headlamp bowl... not something i fancy!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back