Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Do I have it sprayed orange?

SeanD

Suzuka
The roll cage that is not the car! Whilst taking the wife and kids to the airport the other day we got talking about the 968 which since she realised is not Tiptronic and is a 2 seater she has got interested in. The rollcage and seats go in next week and she made the suggestion of having the cage pained Gulf Orange to match the stripe. It is not exactly a cheap thing to do and being a full cage the two front pillars will be in line of sight and it is not a cheap thing to get painted, on the other hand it might look quite good.

I cannot make up my mind, good idea, or bad idea?

I think it would look cool..

Sean I think a plain old silver job is good enough and easier to look after and depending on the finish if painted is there a danger of getting it scratched.

SeanD said:
The roll cage that is not the car! Whilst taking the wife and kids to the airport the other day we got talking about the 968 which since she realised is not Tiptronic and is a 2 seater she has got interested in. The rollcage and seats go in next week and she made the suggestion of having the cage pained Gulf Orange to match the stripe. It is not exactly a cheap thing to do and being a full cage the two front pillars will be in line of sight and it is not a cheap thing to get painted, on the other hand it might look quite good.

I cannot make up my mind, good idea, or bad idea?

Yes !! look at cars with such colour combo's they look great

/vote yes

That was a easy £300+vat decision then

One of the nice things about 9M is when I am traveling they send me pictures of work in progress. This is from just before I went away showing the Orange cage being fitted.

IMG_7047.JPG

seeing that reminds me, I need to change the steering wheel.

Still playing with options. The driving position in the 968 is quite strange so I think I need to go for a smaller wheel and on a shorter boss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back