Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just had my 964 on a Dyno!

911fan

A couple of my mates were at the local dyno tuners today as it was a charity event, run a car for £35! bargain i thought!
Mine made 263.9 bhp and 230.7 lbft tourque
Im very happy, the guy said the car was good and running strong, he was very impressed with the tourque curve or line as he put it! :lol: bit of fun on a cold day i guess!

P.s. car has cat bypass, G pipe and filter kit, but how much difference they make i dont know :D

that's pretty good, how does the torque graph look ?

looked like a fairly flat line, built from 180ftlb at idle to 230 at 4600rpm then droppes off as the power peaks.
power curve builds very steady no flat spots or dips!!
only issue was the third guy they called into the dyno room with an extinguisher because, "these usually catch fire mate" :shock: story goes that a guy who writes for 911 n porsche world is a regular having had re-chips n stuff and his cars exhaust usually ignites!!!! apparently he is no longer phased by this :lol:

911fan said:
looked like a fairly flat line, built from 180ftlb at idle to 230 at 4600rpm then droppes off as the power peaks.
power curve builds very steady no flat spots or dips!!
only issue was the third guy they called into the dyno room with an extinguisher because, "these usually catch fire mate" :shock: story goes that a guy who writes for 911 n porsche world is a regular having had re-chips n stuff and his cars exhaust usually ignites!!!! apparently he is no longer phased by this :lol:

I'd tell the dyno boys to get some larger fans because usually is actually quite rare when done correctly!

they should just put the rolling road in a wind tunnel

911fan said:
A couple of my mates were at the local dyno tuners today as it was a charity event, run a car for £35! bargain i thought!
Mine made 263.9 bhp and 230.7 lbft tourque
Im very happy, the guy said the car was good and running strong, he was very impressed with the tourque curve or line as he put it! :lol: bit of fun on a cold day i guess!

P.s. car has cat bypass, G pipe and filter kit, but how much difference they make i dont know :D

I'm sure if you could arrange something similar, you'd have your sticky paws bitten off...

Im sure they knew what they were doing, think it was maybe a little exagerated too scare me as i was looking fairly nervous anyway.

Sticky paws?? Bitten off :!:

I think Nicola means that at £35 each, you'd have a queue of us stretching back to the M25

Oooohhh! :roll: gotcha! sunday morning hungova brain ticking slower than ever :lol:
Im not sure what could be done, this weekend was all for the big "C" appeal, some of the car clubs are there today so would imagine its much more busy! i guess the guy would have a price for the day, spends about 30 minutes on each car does two or three runs, will post some photos soon! will scan the graphs too, if i can find the scanner!!

It was at Clive Athowe (poss wrong spelling) in Norwich :wink:

Put my 964 on the rollers a few weeks ago, one session after the rebuild and one 5000miles later ...

Porsche flywheel specification from the Factory for a C2:
-----------------------------------------------------------
250HP(183.87KW)
228LBS/FT (309.12Nm) torque

My readings first Rolling Road session, engine still very new and "stiff" (May2007) flywheel reading:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
251BHP (184.61kW) Dark Red line
229LBS/FT (310.48Nm)torque Dark Green Line

My readings on the second Rolling Road session, now with 5000miles and a much looser and free'er engine..very noticeably even when driving (Nov2007)flywheel reading:

261BHP (191.96kW) Red line
261LBS/FT (353.86Nm)torque Green line

Attachments

• rr_road_nov_2007_111.jpg
    rr_road_nov_2007_111.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 4,655

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211