Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 C2 versus C2S

I can understand the discussion about lightness etc but I am of the view that in reality, this is a debate that would only apply to the 993 where the engine did not change between the models.

IMHO having driven various 997's, only cars with the sport options and PASM would be on my wish list and those tend to be the S variants. I recall driving a pal's 997 C2S when they were launched. Just brilliant.

The choice should be between a C2S and C4S, not a C2 or an S. Otherwise buy a 993 turbo until the 997 prices and/or your budget are reconciled.

> if you cant afford an extra £80 a month can you really afford such a car in the first place

Mark, not everyone wants to finance their vehicles, I wouldn't want to...and you're looking at a 10k difference if not.

GD said:
> if you cant afford an extra £80 a month can you really afford such a car in the first place

Mark, not everyone wants to finance their vehicles, I wouldn't want to...and you're looking at a 10k difference if not.

Very true, but the vast majority of people do finance their purchases these days.

As ever it's a personal choice and a balance of ones financial priorities :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back