Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

G-Pipe

matt_964

Barcelona
Anyone on here have a cat bypass, standard primary, but with a G-Pipe?

lol - its no longer an aRSe... that was just for the PCGB meet... its now badgeless...

I'm unsure on the g pipe - dont want it to be so loud it restricts my track days.

As for the rest of the mods, i make sure the car is always able to make it on the road while i'm working on it. at the moment it has no seats or back windows, but still i'll be at centre gravity :D

Indeed i have, got mine from a company in france for about £90 including all postage and VAT. In my mind its a good set up, more noise at low revs than high, great sounding over run, nice deep tone but not intrusive when screeming along, never gonna drown out the road noise anyway!!! :lol: gotta love those p zeros!
P.s. iv'e never done a track day in the 964 (i use an unloved BMW on slicks for that duty) but am sure it would pass at most venues!

demonfish said:
Anyone on here have a cat bypass, standard primary, but with a G-Pipe?

Do you want to borrow a G-Pipe to try it on your setup? I have one sitting on the shelf you can use.

Ian.

At one stage I had standard cat, standard primary and a G-pipe - just scraped through a 105dB noise test at Combe. Now run a full standard system, as it's the only way I can make all noise tests including 101dB.

964s do seem to static test quite high, but do OK on the drive-by, so at Bedford for example, you'd fail the static but probably get through the drive-by.

ian_uk - tempting - i may take you up on that in the new year...

ian reynolds - thats quite loud! i guess the only was is to put the standard secondary back on for a trackday...and run g pipe for personal pleasure...

I had trouble with exhaust noise at Oulton park recently.
I've got a hayward & scott system, which has a small/slim silencer to replace the primary box & thats it (the tailpipe is crafted onto the exit pipe from the silencer). Oh I also have a small silencer instead of a cat pipe!
I first measured 108db & they would't let me through :( , & i had to hold the revs at 5k rpm
But then I said max power was just over 6k & they measured me at 4.6k rpm. I scraped through at 105.5db & was advised to go steady on the drive by. Obviously i didn't "go steady" & was not ejected from track, so static was noisy, on the run it was acceptable.
Interesting enough, a 997 GT3 Cup racer also failed at 107db. so, is my 964 really louder at static than a full blown race car???

its aircooled - so its louder... the 997's have that silly water stuff to quieten the noise :lol:

think how loud an old beetle is.... we'll always struggle with exhaust, well, engine noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back