Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 with 993 body ??

jlee

Folks,

Have just registered on the forum and looking for some advice from you 964 addicts out there.

I was looking at a 993 that looked a very good good deal. Turns out it is actually a 1993 964 with with 993 body conversion 70,000 km. looks v good. Concerns are:

1. how difficult to sell later given it has 993 body and changed colour
2. is Insurance an issue.

Would check for crash damage etc with proper inspection via porsche indy.

Words of wisdom appreciated.

Jlee

Hmm....sounds a tricky one. Putting 964 body parts on a 3.2 is quite common and doesn't affect the price much because many people love the way the 3.2 drives and its almost bomb proof engine. The 964 looks are done for a legitimate reason.

Doing a 993 on a 964 smacks to me of a write off and the owner deciding it was a good opportunity to do a big makeover. I would dig deeply into the history if I was you. Just by 2p.

i'm with Boxsey here............964 with 993 body bits just strikes me as write off in the past

do one of those vehicle history checks between £5 and £20 online and see if it turns up anything nasty

although there are a few 964's with 993 conversions out there, so it's rare but not that odd, have a heart for 964 owners who can't put up with the looks of their cars next to a 993 !

the issue is where as 3.2-964 is bumpers and bits, with a 964 to 993 it is front and rear bumpers and decks, so a bit more but still possible

didn't bob lovelace from the PCGB have one ?

Sundeep said:
although there are a few 964's with 993 conversions out there, so it's rare but not that odd, have a heart for 964 owners who can't put up with the looks of their cars next to a 993 !

Any more talk like that and I shall have to use my new moderating powers on you :lol:

I saw (or eye sore?) one at the Ace Cafe once. it was a right bag o' bits with terrible 20mm panel gaps door to front wing, it just looked like a bad repair. The 964 ia great looking car, so is the 993 and best kept that way.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back