Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Green algae

kahostheory

Trainee
Building up behind the side window seal. The seal is higher on the outside than the inside, so it is only noticable from inside the car

Anyone know the best way to get rid of this and more importantly how to stop it coming back? Unfortunately the car is outside all the time and this is the first autumn I have had it - perhaps unavoidable?

TIA

I have this too and regular use of a toothbrush keeps it clean.

Not sure if there is a product at all, although would be keen to hear of one!

Just a thought, but what about that stuff you get in the supermarket for killing bathroom mould? Never had to try it and I've no idea what it might do to the car as it says do not allow contact with paint but if that stuff didn't kill it, nothing would.

Diluted APC and a toothbrush should do it!.......Make sure you wash it off paintwork though and follow up with vinyl/trim detailer!

If its like mine, the algae and dirt's on the glass as well as the seal so...
- wind the window down and give the inside of the seal a good clean with some apc as said above
- wind the window back up, and clean the glass behind the seal (with the door closed or the window winds down a few cm) by gently easing the seal away from the glass and cleaning the glass behind it a few times.

My car lives in the garage overnight, but cleaning the car regularly it hasn't got grotty-looking there again.

Roberto has got it pretty much spot on. Keep the APC diluted, if too strong, it can have detrimental effects on the rubbers over time.

G

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back