Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Appreciating asset

Dave

Portimao
Friend of mine bought a RHD 964RS Touring for sub £40k at the beginning of this year. This weekend he was offered £58k by an Indie :shock:

What is it with the 964RS that is making it appreciate like this?

PS Talk of the next big appreciating piece of Pork is centred around the 996 GT2

Doesn't this sort of price inflation in the value of classic cars herald a forthcoming recession? Did last time round!

Again, I kick myself for the day that I looked at a 964RS Touring, 18k miles, previous Le Mans driver owner for £31k in 2002 and didn't buy it :cry:

Wow, that's some ROI :shock:

that's some apprecaition, Porker market is strong especially now that Walter Rohl has bought a 964 RS

any day soon that Manthey tuned Mk2 996 GT3 Clubsport market will take off :?

Dave said:
PS Talk of the next big appreciating piece of Pork is centred around the 996 GT2

My only reservation on that is that they are still expensive really- £65k seems to be the going rate for a good one with no stories which is nearly RHD 993RS money.

Nah, 996 C4S is where the smart money is...

Not white with red wheels and a Techart spoiler is it Dave. There's one in the latest PP which was sold a year ago for £40 - 41k, again in June when it was advertised at £50k and now it's on at £60k

So Poo said:
uuf361 said:
Wow, that's some ROI :shock:

No capital gains on cars either!

That's only because the Revenue would want folks writing off the depreciation of their cars against other gains...

cars being a luxury item they will be the first to fall if a recession hits.

I'll wait till they are back to 30k ty :roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back